Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Epg listings???

• 04-03-2002 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

last night, only men&motors had all the listings available on the epg. did this happen to anyone else or was it just because i had the fone line disconnected from the digibox?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Man your obsessed with the phone line issue.

IT doesnt affect the operation of the box if your box is not connected to the phone.

The epg sometimes will glich and the box just needs a reboot to sort things out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

im not obsessed, i was just wondering
    ill reboot when i go home so

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I had my full EPG listings last night..
    However, when I pressed the 'i' button while watching a program, I got the no informatrion available message..

Bit weird.. Often see some glitches on a Sunday evening...

i have seen an empty rpg before, but why was men&motors the only one with listings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Just one of those things...
    Happens sometimes when you've spent the day messing with the "Other Channels". Got the "i" problem many times... a simple reboot fixes this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

I had no problems with the EPG.

On a related note, has anyone noticed that the EPG information for MTV2 is ALWAYS wrong. It is an endless source of amusement for me - see what is supposed to be on, and then guess what it actually is!

I read on dig spy,that Sky had power supply problems last week,during the afternoon and for a couple of hours all data was messed up-even Sky news went off air for a while and news active was out for the day.
    maybe they are having that problem again?
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Rafter

Hi Guys
    Anyone have problems not being able to access the digital text on sky and also the Interactive service for the footy, sky new and QVC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Hey Rafter,

This happens most of us from time to time.

Simply plug out the digibox for about a minute then plug it back in. Should all work then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dec

Rafter, I has same issue while watching the Derby vs Utd game.
    I missed first goal and could'nt access Interactive to see it. I rang Sky support and a scottish lass wanted me to reboot during game (not bloody likely !!). Anyway - I tried twice at half time with no Joy. I rang em back and after being put through to tech support and then having to be put onto 2nd tier tech support they concluded that there was an issue their end. Meanwhile the game has restarted and Man Utd scored their second goal which I also missed due to all the mucking about. Still no interactive to see it !!
    Should'nt have bothered at all .....

• Advertisement

I forgot to mention that during the half time reboots the sky lass got me to check to see if my Sky News interactive was working (It was not). She got this back by accessing some hidden menu. On the Sevices menu if you hit 0 you get an installation section. She got me to reinstall and this got Sky News interactive back (but not the footy) I can't remember all the steps but it looked pretty simple - I was not that interested at the time as I wanted to get back to the second half !!
    Hope this helps !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Yea pressing Services - 4 0 1 Select will get you into the installer menu. "New installation" apparently clears up things sometimes with lost channels etc.
    Sometimes I loose teletext, information or the red button and powering off for ten seconds always worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭TinMan

Speaking of Men & Motors, I heard somewhere that the channel was to start broadcasting longer hours? is that true anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes, I did hear that too....

Considering that it used the same freq. as Granada Breeze, not that is gone, M&M can extend into the evening.

Probably with Motors stuff only! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Dec
    I missed first goal and could'nt access Interactive to see it.
    i had the interactive during the match yesterday. it came in very handy because i was doing other things and missed the goals

I'll try it again tomorrow for the Newcastle vs Liverpool game !!
    I only really use it to see match highlights + to check the premiership table.

tis very handy for when you slip out to the fridge to get another beer and when you come back you realise that you missed a goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Rafter

To quote the dumbass rep that I spoke to last night regarding this problem that they have answering the dog and bone

"Sky cannot guarantee the reliability of either their Digital Teletext or their Digital Interactive Service to viewers inthe ROI"

Makes me wonder why so many of us have bothered to sign up???:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement