Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which Modem

• 22-02-2001 3:23pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

right I'll just skim through this
    I have a HSP 56k Micromodem
    I've seen people complaining about them at modem forums and I have the experience of what they are like
    firstly I thought it was my NTL connection
    but trying out ntl on this box with a win modem all seems good and fine smile.gif
    cept I don't want a win modem in the other box, so I was wondering would anoyne know were I could possibily get drivers for the HSP 56k Micromodem ? as this *may* fix the problem
    but I might just go out and buy another modem or get cable ..
    anyone got any good makes of good hardware modems that are compatible with linux ?
    external or internal and any price ranges ?
    I'm also wondering does the NTL cable modem work with linux ? I don't think they have any installation software for that os ... frown.gif
    well thanks for reading anyway
    Cheers.
    Oj

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

www.windrivers.com seems to be a good place for all sorts of windows drivers.
    You can get drivers for the HSP56 Micromodem here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

thanks baz
    but I already dl those drivers
    theres no install process
    so i jsut put them in c:\windows
    and it ****ed up my modem and windows
    had to do a ME restore

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

thanks baz
    but I already dl those drivers
    theres no install process
    so i jsut put them in c:\windows
    and it ****ed up my modem and windows
    had to do a ME restore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

What do you mean install process? It has the .inf files, these should be all you need to update your drivers.

Advertisement