Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat 1c/minute isn't cheapest internet access

Options
  • 04-03-2002 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Esat Fusion are running these ads claiming their 1c/minute evening rate is Ireland's cheapest internet access.

This may be the case for 'free' *cof* ISPs.. but for 1891 access via eircom incl vat at 21% in the evening it's 0.96558c/minute. And if you put a circle-of-friends 10% discount on that, it's 0.869022c/minute.

From what I can tell, this Esat Fusion reduced internet access charge only applies to free ISP dialup on IOL/Oceanfree. The subscription service rates are the same as eircom 1891, and possibly you don't have the 10% circle-of-friends discount available either then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Complian to www.asai.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Originally posted by Fergus
    Esat Fusion are running these ads claiming their 1c/minute evening rate is Ireland's cheapest internet access.

This may be the case for 'free' *cof* ISPs..

But surely you MUST take into account the subscription costs also!

It's all very well saying that 1891 numbers are cheaper... but you must pay a fee to be able to use them!

Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

the subscription only works out cheaper if you use the internet alot during the day. i think esat are just refering to free isp's charges of which they are the cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Hmm, I still have a free 1891 Indigo dialup I setup some years ago...

Methinks I'll be phoning Eircom to setup the number as a circle of friends type affair.. Doesnt that imply that the Internet is my friend tho? hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

In my experience, if you phone them and ask them to put a 1891 internet no. as a friend, they say no.

Simply do it online, and it will go through.

X

• Advertisement
Advertisement