Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 ctf available in dnc?

Options
  • 04-03-2002 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I've been in a few of the internet cafes in town looking for some Quake 3 capture the flag action. dnc seems to be pretty well set up, but it doesn't seem to have quake 3 installed.

1) Am I right in thinking that dnc is the place to go for cafe gaming, are there other places which might be better?
    2) What am I missing about dnc and q3? Do any of the places in town have ctf installed?

Thanks,
    Boo!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

if im playing quake3 in dnc I usually bring in all the gear to play it. Sometimes its installed sometimes it isn't , best to bring your q3 cd, and all the patches n **** on it for you n yer m8s that are going just incase it isn't.

there's nowhere else really in town that have a decent gaming setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Please tell me you're not using your own q3 key on those machines.

cd crack.............. makesure to bring cd crack :) if u bring your own cdkey just delete q3 off the machine when you're finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Boo

Hrm, cd crack sounds highly dodgy :P
    On the dnc webpage they mention a large list of games if you click on the games link. The only game I've seen installed (admitedly I haven't looked too closely) is Half Life (with mods).
    I would feel quite nervous about installing stuff on their computers, and would feel more nervous about installing my stuff on their computers hehe.
    Boo hoo. We need broadband already!

- Boo

its not like the q3 cd key matters anymore anyway, its literally worthless not because all that authentication stuff doesn't work with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

if you want some half decent q3 go to nethouse rathmines they have q3 installed but i dunno about patches or mod etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Werl, i've version 1.31 and OSP 1.1 on the Rathmines machines at the moment, I was thinking about lashing RA3 back on, especially for Room101 - I'll see if it's compatible with 1.31.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

sico the last time i was there which was like 2 weeks ago the machine i was on only had 1.30 but u should put ra3 on and even urban terror!

Advertisement