Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Clicking

• 23-02-2001 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

This is a new thing, first noticed it happening a few weeks ago, but not as severe as today.

Anyway, you know the sound your monitor makes when you first switch it on, it'll make a kind of fuzzy sound, the static and such I think it is. Well the sound is like that except 10 fold frown.gif

When I turn the monitor on and off, it goes mental and clicks for about 10 seconds, actually, come to think of it, it sounds like when I degauze my screen. But it's not just when I turn it on and off, whenever I join a counter-strike server, it begins to click once again. I'm more worried that it'll explode in my face, it's a big juicey 17" Gateway EV700.

I haven't been fiddling with any of the cables or graphics card or anything like that. And I don't tend to leave my monitor on for prolonged periods of time.

Any suggestions ?

Nil Desperandum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

if said monitor does explode... Duck. ;p

Have the same monitor but never had any problems, so I can't help. soz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I wouldn't worry about it, I hear monitors implode, so you won't have quite as many glass shards to pick out of your face smile.gif

Anyhoo, check your monitors warranty, if it's as b0rked as it sounds, you should be able to get a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭AI_inferno

Heya fidelis. The ev monitors have quite unreliable power supplies/transformer so it will probably go in a wee bit. I had an ev900 that did that. at some stage you will turn it on and it will keep clicking, no picture will appear. My one cost about £100 for a new trnasformer.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

heh...
    damn, dunno if I've ever seen a word quite as cool as trnasformer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

same monitor as mine and the same problem i had. It only seemed to happen with certain drivers for my voodoo3. try changing the refresh rate on the moitor, start at the lowest and work you way up until you find a buzz that is acceptable to your ears.

<sig>Insert witty signature here</sig>

• Advertisement
Advertisement