Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Green Party

• 04-03-2002 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

What's the deal with the Green Party? I've voted for them before (when I was naive and crusty student) and I might still give them some sort of a vote in the up-coming election. According to today's Irish Times editorial, "The Green Party will campaign on an independent platform in the coming general election and will seek voting preferences from across the political divide."

What does this mean? Are the green party really a hard-left organisation? Will they increase taxes, or will they respect the fact that low personal and corporate tax were one of the main reasons for the boom over the last 10 years? I would vote for them again as long as their policies are not completely anti-business or anti-enterprise... Are they really a cross-political party or are they actually a bunch of closet Marxists?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Before you start a thread like this you might look up their policies on their website, rather than vaguely speculating. Or is it just a troll / piece of misinformation. The Green Party do primarily campaign on environmental and social issues, but that does not mean they do not have a balanced party, campaign or manifesto.

I think Trevor Sergeant (sp?) said something about this recently (SBP in January? when comparing parties post-Budget 2000) and said that the Greens would be looking at a relatively neutral position and not be increasing income taxes, but would be looking at anti-(excessive)consumption and anti-pollution taxes. I tyhink he also said they advocated merging income tax, PAYE and PRSI.

List of political parties included here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41016

boards.ie/vbulletin > Society > Politics > Useful Links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

I've checked out the website so no, it's not a troll. It's a request for some opinions from the readers of this forum, rather than a party political broadcast from the horses mouth.

Advertisement