Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie

• 22-02-2001 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

maybe it's just me, but it's really starting to p1ss me off.

Only on boards.ie I am getting a lot of corruption in posts displayed, or posts/entries will vanish and reappear (if I do refresh). Lastly every so often clicking on a post will shut down explorer.

I can't determine any pattern to this, but there is a pattern. For example a thread which will close down IE does it nearly everytime. The corrupted pages appear everytime but disappear if another post is added or edited.

It is only boards.ie that is doing this, I have absolutly no problem with any other website. I've also reproduced it on two machines. Only thing in common is both are windows + IE5.5 (mac does the corruption now and again, that's 5.5 too).

I've tried disabling java/scripting using adsubtract and adverts/cookies but doesn't seem to help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm using IE 5.0 on Win98 (not SE) and I get none of these errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Firstly stop using IE5.5...it's got some interesting bugs. We had to stop using it in DNC because it crashed so much...even with SP1 installed. Secondly I get it sometimes with our proxy that the page doesn't update correctly so I have to hit refresh, no answer for you there.

www.doesnotcompute.ie
    www.gamire.com
    dnc_dude_sm.gif

[This message has been edited by meglome (edited 22-02-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Actually, I have to say I have had the same problem on IE 5 and 5.5 Browsers... Never had any other probs with the browsers tho... (What kinda probs were you having meglome? we haven't had any hastle at all smile.gif)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yeah i've noticed that alot with ie 5.5, i tryed reverting back to 5 but its not much better.
    i'm usin netscape solely now, n i havn't run into ne problems with it, well with one exception www.launch.com, when ever i go there the browser freezes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Yeah I've noticed over the last few weeks Boards.ie tends to either freeze or shut down IE5.5 I've been using IE5.5 since it was first released and using SP1 but it's only recently I've encountered probs and it tends to be mainly with message boards and script related sites.

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I see UBB code is off now... something to do with some nasty security exploit, X_OR tells me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

No problems at my end.
    Win 98se,IE 5.0 and Supra Express 56e.

OOOH,I hear laughter in the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah, everything looks fine here [IE 5.00.2314.1003IC] smile.gif

SONIC.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've never had a problem at will with boards.ie
    I'm running ie 5.5.4130.0100

in the end.. I'm the last one standing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Never had a problem here...
    Running 5.50.4134.0600 on win2k SP1 at the moment..

Moriarty
    moriarty@gamersfm.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Stephen, I told you I'd have to kill you if you told anyone ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I've never had those problems at home on IE 5.5, nor in work on 5.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I'm using IE 5.5 as well with no problems, but perhaps if you can add the threads which are killing your browser we can figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I've never had any problems either with IE 5.5, except had a couple with aol...but that was probably just aol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

No probs here, never have been.

Using IE 5.50.4134.0600IC on WinNT WS 4 with SP6.

rolleyes.gif *looks at last sentence* That would make zero sense to a lot of ppl I know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

My version number was slightly older (only slightly). I've updated IE *again* . I'll let you know if it's still a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

its the result of IE losing a connection with the server. happens all the time on esat for me. it just goes ahead and displays what it has so far.
    if its annoying you either
    a) use netscape
    b) ctrl + refresh
    c) right click on the link and open the topic up in a new window.

b + c will usually check for a newer version of the page rather than relying on cache.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

but I refreshed it loads of times
    I'm on NTL
    I pinged boards.ie to see if it was still alive
    no problem at all
    and netscape is jank
    heh

this happened me eariler
    I refreshed the page again and again and still ended up the same
    also closed ie and reopened the page
    boards.JPG

dam think UBB is still off.
    you'll have to see it yourself tongue.gif

Advertisement