Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooray-the supervision didnt work at school!

Options
  • 04-03-2002 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

I have a feeling that parental complaints will force the gov to withdraw the supervisors and therefore the strike will run as last year where we got days off.Yipee!A summary of what happened today in my school
    Normally in an average fortnight their may be 1 or 2 vicious fistfights in our school.Today alone during the main break and after school there were at least 5 or 6 serious fistfights.One of which was a big huge gangfighht.This seldom happens but ppl took advantage of the fact that there were 2 civillians patrolling a large 600 pupil school on their own.Also a window was smashed and there was a near riot/strike/rebellion at the first break from a crowd of about 400 of us.And 1 is in planning for tommorow.In the end the principal,who should have been on the picket lines,had to come back into the school to restore order.Better not mention that to the ASTI!Im certain that as peoiple get seriously beaten all over the country over the next week that the insurance will tell the teachers supervise yourself or close the school.Hooray!
    P.S-Im dead opposed to the government givinbg in,they earn too much already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Haa. yea they are getting 32 euro an hour
    i dont get what you mean about the principal, he should aways be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Today was the same as any other day at school for me, the supervision thing made absolutely no difference, in fact usually there'd be no teachers around outside the staff room at lunch time, today we had 2 constantly walking round the corridoors. The school didn't have to get anyone in because they just used 2 teachers that weren't part of the union, which was handy.

I had some journalist asking me all about it when I got into town after school this evening, he reeked of booze, I'm not entirely sure if he was a journalist at all :).

Advertisement