Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

motor bike Insurance

Options
  • 04-03-2002 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hey,
    Just got a quote from Hibernian today for my bike. It's a Suzuki Marauder 125cc. I have been driving it for a year now but before that I was driving a moped head for 2 years. They are quoting me 2,222 EUR, which is nearly 700 EUR more than last year. I have 3 years no claims bonus. I’m living in Dublin, 20 and on a provisional license. This is totally rediculas I mean how am I meant to afford this just wondering what other insurance companies are out there for bikes. That are anyway cheaper than this.

B.T.W. Does anyone no any scams that actually work. And what are the chances of me been able to sue them for sexually discrimination.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I’m living in Dublin

That's the problem right there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by jim_bob
    They are quoting me 2,222 EUR

Holy ****! Thats even more than I'm paying on my 650 (in Cork, 21, provisional - insurance group 6). Do yourself a favor and move out of Dublin! I knew insurance in the capital was bad but I didnt think it was that bad.

There are no more bike insurance companies since Carole Nash went tits up.

Your insurance goes down about 250 quid when you get your full license and a further bit when you turn 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and so on...

I would suggest that you ring Aon. They are my broker and I got a good few hundred off the quote Hibernian gave me thru them. (Even tho they still insure you thru Hibernian)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've found motorbike insurance in Ireland reasonable, especially when you consider the rates young car drivers pay. Think about it - Third Party wouldn't be a huge cost for insurance companies, because it's rarer for a bike to hit a pedestrian, and any damage done to a hit car isn't likely to be huge, and chances are no-one in the car is going to be hurt. That's why TPF&T is so much on cars - Personal Claims, which are far less existent on bikes. Your insurance is high in Dublin, as munch said because of theft rates.

The amount of motorbikes stolen in Dublin is unbelievable. My bro's g/f has had 2 mopeds stolen in the last year. Both disc locked and a big ass lock through the back wheel. But they simply lifted it, put it in a truck and drove off.

The only thing I have noticed is that most companies will lower your insurance in Dublin if you get it datatagged. Anyone have any info/costs/effectiveness of datatagging?

:)

[BTW: I rang Aon to get a quote, and they told me that they will only insure me if I buy a bike through one of their affiliated dealers. Had a look, and got quoted €2286 for a brand new marauder 125. Exactly what I expected, and I can't afford not to get Theft insurance.]

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

Originally posted by seamus

The only thing I have noticed is that most companies will lower your insurance in Dublin if you get it datatagged. Anyone have any info/costs/effectiveness of datatagging?

the thing is i have it datatagged they are just robbing bastards. it's a monopoly they are the only company in ireland that i know of who do insurance for Bikes anyway going to have to look at proable going back to a moped head :( or maybe see if i can get a quad or something else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

time to get a bike that cant be lifted so... or at least one that will require about 20 lads to lift it so you'll be able to hear the screams of pain when their arms are ripped from their sockets :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ninja_Duck

Edited. You did this one alrready....

Mike.

Advertisement