Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And the politicians came a-canvassing .....

Options
  • 04-03-2002 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Ah .. just had a long chat wtih Eithne FitzGerald (Labour) over Ireland, the shocknig state of our telecomms, broadband, and the Comms. Bill

I spelt out the economic reasons why we need the likes of the Comms bill, the fact that the current situation IS costing jobs, will cost more jobs, and will leave us in dire straits if and when the big IT boys up and leave for greener fields.

She seemed to agree with me (don't politicians always?) from her own experiences between using internet access in Trinity and at home, so who knows?!!

I wont be holding my breath, but taht's one more politician(or potential politician) that's had the difference between "bertie broadband" and "broadband" spelt out to them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

*waits behind the door with the long list of complaints* I'll be awaitin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

make sure to mention you are a member of IrelandOffline.com . Let's get Ireland Offline on the tongues of every politician in the country ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

*koff* (irelandoffline.org) *koff*

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by nahdoic
    make sure to mention you are a member of IrelandOffline.com . Let's get Ireland Offline on the tongues of every politician in the country ;)

I did. One of the first things I mentioned to her in fact. She already knew who we were, which is always a good thing.

And to calm Dahamsta's fears ... I told her it was irelandoffline.org :p hehe

Advertisement