Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aertel: GOVERNMENT URGED TO FUND BROADBAND TECHNOLOGY

Options
  • 05-03-2002 1:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

<Link removed - adam>

A high-level advisory committee has recommended that the Government fund the development of broadband technology here. The cable-based technology allows large amounts of data to be delivered at high speeds. The Advisory Committee on Information and Communications Technology suggested a rolling fund be available to get broadband into homes & small businesses The committee also recommended that educational and Research & Development institutions should have subsidised or free access to broadband. The proposals will be discussed at Cabinet this week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

That was mentioned (almost word for word AFAIR) in the business section of 5-7 live today too.

Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

tbh,I'd rather a flat rate 28.8k service tommorow then broadband in 3 years, seeing as I propbably wont be in ireland at that time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Not much of a link there, adam. The page gets recycled daily...

Republic risks 'squandering' gains of technology policy
    By Karlin Lillington
    http://scripts.ireland.com/technology/newsshowall.cfm?ID=2505

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

No offence but these people are talking 3 years down the line in one breath and saying we are bollixed if it doesnt happen tommro what cracks me up is if this was germany or any half organised country they would have the job done in six months.All we every hear is this kind of stuff it go,s round and arround and nothing ever gets done enough BS just do it the Irish are responsible for god nows how many buildings/road laying and architectural Wonders of our day the skill and man power are not lacking its the shortsighted morons at the top that need sorting out.

Stone

Advertisement