Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slim shady sees the light

Options
  • 05-03-2002 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

http://www.vh1.com/thewire/content/news/1452709.jhtml

"Eminem has given up alcohol and purple pills, according members of his D12 crew..."

"He's "seen the light," they said, and it's going to reflect in his music. Eminem is trading in his hardcore hip-hop MO and going the gospel rap route on his new LP, The Eminem Show, they insisted..."

is this a really clever marketing scam or is he really gonna become a preacher just like mc hammer? for those of you too young to remember, mc hammer, after preaching clean lyrics and religious lyrics like.

"I said we pray - that's what we pray!
    Oh yeah! We pray - pray!
    We got to pray just to make it today"

he turned around and tried a weird gangsta rap thing on death row records with a song that went a little like this

"Pumps and a bump, Pumps and a bump
    We like the girls with the Pumps and a bump
    Fellas:
    All that we want for the rest of our life
    Is a girl that is tight
    Ladies:
    All that we want is a man that is right
    Who can hit it all night..."

back to the topic now, i dont care how much you hate eminem and would like to see a 12" clever knife in his belly, this isnt a thread to post those kind of messages on.

if the chap is genuine to stay away from alcohol and drugs, will you listen to his new album? maybe something happened to him while he toured with Gorillaz, who knows and after listening to gorillaz/D12 - 911 tune i really hope he brings something else in the ears of american youth. Discuss!

adnans

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

This topic should be moved. It hasn't got anything to do with music... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

What a ploy, I would think its nothing but a stunt.

Advertisement