Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artifical Stupidity

Options
  • 05-03-2002 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

I was playing Op Flash earlier, and bringing my Cobra gunship in to land, when 1 says; "4 : disembark". At this point I'm still 80m off the ground, but nevertheless, from my third person view point I see a black ball dropping from the helicopter. A few seconds later; "Oh no! 4 is down". Of couse he's bl00dy down! You just ordered him to jump from the friggen helicopter!

Which is worse - the AI that ordered my gunner to disembark from a helicopter 80m off the ground, or my AI gunner who's daft enough to jump?

P.S. if anybody knows how to get Op Flash working with 3D hardware acceleration (Riva Tnt2) instead of woeful software acceleration I'd love to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Lol, reminds me of me mammy.

"If he jumped off a bridge/put hand in fire would you?"

Op flash works grand with my KYRO II card, so no, i guess i dont :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Hmmm, I've never seen anything like that happen. I know the enemy AI is very impressive. And when anyone jumps from an aircraft...they allways have a parachute. Musta been a bug or something. Or else he parachuted down and got shot...you just never saw it. :)

I've seen Opflash running fine in Hardware acceleration on a Geforce3, 2 and TNT Aladdin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Given the Cobra is a two seater, you were bringing it in to land (piloting?), and it was your gunner who stepped out and died Id assume that the gunner (2 ? ) stepped out cos 1 (You?) told him to?:) Ours is not to question why but merely to do and die and all that.

Which misson was this btw? The American Missons are fairly well done, but I lost my Russian campaign in misson 5 cos of some bug where i quit the misson after i had lost it and now I cant restart the misson. Given how unfairly difficult the russian missons are im not arsed redoing them.

If it was a custom misson then get used to it. Ive seen missons where its quite clear the designer has never play tested his misson - bad spelling mistakes, crap triggers (transports taking off without you, people talking to you when no one is around etc etc). If it was a custom suicides are only to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by Sand
    Which misson was this btw?

God knows what it was called. It was the campaign game and the mission is to support an armoured attack but you get diverted to Buffalo Base, etc. The group leader was AI and ordered my gunner to disembark while I was still in the air. Muppet AIs :rolleyes:

Advertisement