Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Live Radio Stream?

• 05-03-2002 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

just wondering does anyone know of a program or way to record a live web radio stream.. which plays in real player onto the hard disk

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 blackstar

Recording something from a station such as Today Fm which runs on Windows Media Player... I was trying with that program and couldnt do it..anyone have any suggestions

Need to be able to record a radio program on this sunday night so any help b4 then is greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

RealProducer and Windows Media Encoder from Real Networks
    and Microsoft respectively will both do real time compressed
    audio recording. Recording a live stream should be possible
    if you have a full duplex sound card (not all of them support it,
    though).
    Both RP and WME are available for trial download, AFAIK.
    --eirin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 blackstar

cheers erin, downloaded that , now all i have to do is figure out how to work it.
    cause i recorded the radio station as a test ok, but i also got me singing along to hte song on the recording ( i duno exteranl mic also or something !!! on laptop )

also someone told me of a program called sound forge thats supposed to be pretty good.
    Anyone know anything on Sound forge ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

You can use a freeware prog called ASFRecorder, I have tried it and it works. You can get it here
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,7942,00.asp

jbkenn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

soundforge is an audio masterer it wont record streams, its for cutting and adding effects to voices and stuff in a studio

BOmB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i found an interesting way to get mp3s without the hassles of downloading a few months ago on my old sound card .
    Go to www.launch.com and set up a radio station of your own
    i used the programs that came with a Creative PCI 512 (had a sound recorder that recorded any incoming sound )
    So while i was surfing i would record the radio staion get about an hours worth of music then used Blaze Media Pro to convert it to Mp3.easy mp3s without massive download time
    That would work on web stream also i recorded a few .
    but only that creative program with its open source record option did it for me.
    kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by bombidol
    soundforge is an audio masterer it wont record streams, its for cutting and adding effects to voices and stuff in a studio

BOmB

soundforge is a good program ... if you're interested, it was made available for free on a recent PC Plus coverdisc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FTB

yea nice one i'd love to get my hands on it if possible
    any ideas how i could get it.. back issues maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by FTB
    yea nice one i'd love to get my hands on it if possible
    any ideas how i could get it.. back issues maybe?

ah wait, I'm thinking of SoundProbe II (as sold for stg£99) which was on the cover DVD of issue #182.

More info: http://www.pcplus.co.uk/article.asp?id=30767
    Keyfile for version 2.0 available at: http://www.soundprobe.com/pcplus/

(you'll need the validation code from issue 182's cover DVD/CD - which is PCPSP01).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FTB

cheers bard and everyone for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

there's a thing called Steam Ripper, coverts rm or rams to mp3s
    To download a real stream right click on the link, select save as, get the file (about 60bytes) and open it in Notepad.
    It's just a URL.
    If it begins with [url]http://[/url] your sound. download the file from that link and you'll have the whole thing sitting on your desktop no problems. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

will that work for a video stream?

Advertisement