Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Home Network

• 05-03-2002 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Copied from Nets/Comms forum

I am looking to set up a wireless LAN in my house. I have 1 PC and a Laptop. The PC has the ADSL connection and I want to be able to share the Internet Connection with the Laptop.

I need some advice as to what equipment I will need. If I get a PCI wireless card and a PCMCIA wireless card will I be able to create a LAN and also share the internet connection. Also if this works will I be able to successfully add another PC to the network or should I buy a base station in case I want to add more PC's?

I also need to mention that I need to do this cheap, so if anyone knows where I can get the required components cheap (or 2nd hand even) and tell me roughly how much it will all cost I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

viking

Comments

Advertisement