Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wheel Of Time:Book 10

Options
  • 05-03-2002 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

The name of the latest book in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan has been announced for anybody whose interested

Crossraods of Twilight

I personally don't like the name because it's so vague but that ain't exactly going to stop me from reading it:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

now, if only we know when its coming out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

out November 7th but when's the series ever going to end??? :rolleyes:

i read the first 7 books and thought it was a really good series. Then i read A Song Of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin while waiting for book 8 which completely blew The Wheel of Time out of the water (and a good few other fantasy books too imo).
    book 8 + 9 were a bit of a let down then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well i did see that, but thats when amazon have said that the paperback will be out.
    i have heard june touted as the hardback release date.
    oh i wish it was tomorrow coz then i could er, buy it and read it....

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Terminator

Yeah I read A Song of Ice And Fire too and was similarily impressed.

WOT is still a very good read though. A real fantasy work.

The new title sucks a bit though - still not as bad as "The Phantom Menace" how I laughed when I heard about that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 RandyMan

It's not as if you can stop reading it after 9 books,it would just feel like such a waste of time:confused:

Ya I also thought Path of Daggers was crap(it probably had something to do with Mat not being in it);)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I gotta say, a lot of peoiple I've talked to have said books 8, and 9 let them down. Personally I loved them, there was so much character building. I cannae wait for book 10,

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

I'm finishing book 7 at the moment and im looking forward to the next fue. does anyone think that the series will end?? it seems to drag on a bit some times but im not complaining its still a great series.

keep this thread going anyway. its great to see robert jordan fans out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think books 8 and 9 are great books, but they're terrible as stand alone's.

what i mean is, if you are reading the entire series again, you would be willing to put up with two books full of character building and plot filling ****, but if you have to wait at least a year for the next book to come out, then you want at least a *little* bit of action.

i think CoT is a cool title, it's so vague and it could mean so many things :) it oughta keep the theories flyin around the net.

Do not read the following section if you have not read past Book 4:The Shadow Rising
    Spoiler

S

p

o

i

l

e

r

The main theory that is whirling around the net about the tite is that it is of Celtic origin(go Irish);) Anyway the belief is that a crossroads signifies gate between worlds and the most powerful time to be at one is dawn or dusk(twilight).
    So the way it's looking is that Moraine will be rescued from the Ellfinn in the next book by Thom and Mat?????:D :confused:;):p

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

yeah, that'd be cool! bout bloody time too :), i've also read that there is a saying about the darkhounds about the worst place to meet them is at a crossroads at dusk.. but that's prob just cos they could come from all directions at once. *shrug*

i also want to find out about those bloody nobles at the stard of PoD... up in the borderlands. what is in store for mr al' thor mewonders.

• Advertisement

Just a small criticism.

Does anyone else think that the Forsaken have failed miserably to live up to expectations?

In book 1 Moraine was terrified of even one of them breaking loose. Now with all of them on the rampage they're not exactly bringing the house down.

Also they're about as scary as the villains in Scooby Doo.

Well I'm not too sure,okay fair enough some of them died pretty quick but I thionk their reincarnation are going to ROCK!!!!!!

I want Lanfear back as she originally was. Her reincarnation sucks.

Also methinks that Cadsuane is really Moraine in disguise.

I would love it if that were true!

no way

cadsuane is really old, and nowhere near as powerful as moiraine was.

I know its a long shot. But it would be so cool if it were true.

The only niggling doubt is her indiferrence to Lan and Nyneave (if she were Moiraine she would have said/did something to them)

Nevertheless I may still be right - only time will tell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

June? hope that's true, need my next fix...

Al.

How many times do I have to say this!!!!!!
    The release date is officially confirmed as November!!!!
    Moraine is dfinately not Cadsuane because she is going to be rescued from the Eelfinn in the next book by Thoim!!Sssheeessss!

The Aes Sedai that is an enigma to me is Verin.....she has the abiltiy to lie??!!!!!:eek: This has been seen in the books so don't say she doesn't:p

I assume your referring to Egwene's dream in which she sees Tom rescue a blue stone from a burning fire.

In that case it could simply mean that he rescues Cadsuane from a tricky situation. Which would confirm that she is in fact Moiraine.

You are soooo wrong,ask any wotmaniac out there!!!
    Moraine is not Cadsuane:p
    Because we have had Points of View from Cadsuane and she refers to Moraine as a silly girl:p
    Now why would Moraine call herself a silly girl??:confused:;):p

To protect her own identity?

I know its a longshot but it would make a lot of sense.

Everyone thought Cadsuane was dead, right? Then she suddenly appears after Moiraine exits stage. Also Moiraine could never get Rand to do what she wanted. But as an old woman, Cadsuane has been very succesful in bullying / cadjoling Rand into her way of thinking.

Okay so she may not be Moiraine but something definitely doesn't add up with Cadsuane.

• Advertisement

Look at the words----Cadsuanes' point of view
    Meaning the stuff that Jordan has her say in her own head TO HERSELF!!!! Why would she tell herself that Moraine is a silly little girl if she was or was in cahoots with her???It don't make sense!!??:p

Will Rand be dead at the very end of the series?????

Yeah you're right :rolleyes:

But if I had written it that's the the way I'd have done it

And that's why you are not aloud to call yourself Robert Jordan:D

heh, why the hell not :) it ain't his real name, so we have as much claim to it as he does.

Robert 'Mordeth' Jordan.

:p Just call me Lan

have any of you played the WOt game?
    if so, what did you think of it?.. i got the warez version (havn't seen the retail available ANYWHERE), but it keeps crashing at level 4, so I could never play it much.

is it good?

(i know this should be in th egames board, but we have a good wot discussion goin here, don't want to ruin it :P )

Haven't played it - wasn't impressed with the jacket box.

Seriously thinking about Balder's Gate, a top-down SF game, for PS2 though - graphics and gameplay look really decent.

I don't have the dlightest idea what you are talking about:p

the wot game for the PC.. www.wheeloftime.com

tis fairly cool, the controls might be a bit confusing for some people but you get used to them easily enough.

looks alright too

• Advertisement

Nah,let's get back to theories and stuff:cool:

Advertisement