Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wheel Of Time:Book 10

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Terminator

Okay, so now that Rand has cleansed the source (is that the right word - its been so long since I read Winters Heart :p ) does this mean that they'll all be sane and Rand will stop gibbering to himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 RandyMan

NO!!

There was an interview with Jordan a while back and he said that since the cleansing of Saidin there would be no further progressions in insanity levels, however the Ash'a'man aswell as Rand would not see a decline in the levels of their insanity.
    If you were half nuts before the cleansing,then you are half nuts now!! :mad:

Rand will keep gibbering to himself in my opinion until the Last Battle!! I think after that the Lews Therin inside of him will be dead:eek: But have you noticed the supposed third voice in his head,and I ain't talking about Alanna:paranoid: :rolleyes: :confused: :speechless:

I am the master of this!!!:chinese:

If what you say is true then that's cool. I kinda like ol' Lews Therin's mumblings. Lord knows, if you took them out the books would be a lot slimmer :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i don't think that rand is insane in the conventional sense

he's just under alot of pressure and very stressed, plus he has the voice of a 3000 year old dead man in his head, which is enough to drive anyone a *little* crazy.

i think he just can't deal with what is going on
    that's why he is going to take a break.., remember the prophecy.. with rand being dead, but not really dead....

logain for dragon reborn! rah rah rah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

Originally posted by RandyMan

I am the master of this!!!:chinese:
    Negative.

• Advertisement

Positive:P

/ brushes aside woolbrained sheepherding wilders

There is only one lord of chaos :cool:

and *I* shall rule

:P

The conversation seems to have......changed??:rolleyes:

nah it hasn't

it's as relevant and wonderful as ever
    :)

• Advertisement

/ lifts mug of Two Rivers Ale in the air

Yes I agree, charmin compny n'all

So who is going to die in Book 10??

Can't see anyone kicking the bucket in this instalment. I just hope he brings back Moraine, preferably at the beginning of the book

I dunno.. she could come back in a different body like Cyndane did.

oooh, so exciting :) think perrin will have anything to do with it? he has a certain fascination with the tower of .. er.. ghenji or something innit?

I've got a funny feeling that Mat will have something to do with it!
    And obviously Thom will be involved in her rescue!

as far as I can remember both Perrin and Mat have their hands full at the mo - so looks like its Thom. What was Thom up to when last we heard from him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 purpleWurple

I haven't read any of the series after Book 7..... I wonder if I start re-reading them.... will I be finished book 9 just in time for book 10 to come out.

Anyone done a full reread from the start recently?

What's a reasonable time to allow for all 9?

depends on how fast you read :)

with wheel of time whenever i start reading them again, i tend to forget about everything else, and do 1 book evey 1, 2 days.

and i haven't a clue what thom was up to last.. didn't we lose him after the seanchan attack at falme?... he left with elayne and nynaeve....

oh ,and stop reading this bloody thread if you have't read book 8 and 9.
    heavcen knows what kind of spoilers you've read already :)

If we don't know what Thom's been up to I guess we'll all have to go back and read some more :D

Let me think......ow!! that hurt...what has Thom been up to????
    Oh I remember now he went to Ebou Dara with Mat and then....... what the hell did he do then...did he go with Elyane or did he stay with mat???? Yup I'm pretty sure he is still in bou Dara with Mat!! So it is plausible that since they are still together that both of them will have something to do with Moraines rescue:D

• Advertisement

Thom Mat, and the Daughter of the Nine Moons to the rescue. Yay!! :p
    Mordeth: I dunno.. she could come back in a different body like Cyndane did.

Which brings me back to my Cadsuane theory ... just kiddin :D

Nah she will come back in her original little body for the simple reason that if she didn't then Rand would see it as some sort Aes Sedai plot!!!
    You know what I mean!!??

I get the feeling Rand might be taking a back seat in this next book - like maybe hes in a coma for most of it.

YA I have a feeling that we wont see much of RAnd in the next book either, he will be too busy in bed!:p ;) :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Yeah must be nice having three gorgeous women agreeing to "share" him.

Out of the three I prefer Avienda and then Min, followed by Elayne. Who's your favourite?

I gotta go with Min, she just seems to be such a hot little minx!
    Besides I've always liked the "petite" girls;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I can't understand WoT fans. In a genre with so many amazing series of fantasy that Jordan's cash cow wheel of time has so many devoted fans. I read the first 7 books and really enjoyed them when I was younger I'll admit but then I got introduced to the likes or Hobb, Willams, Martins and Fiest and I discovered what a true fantasy series is about. I see Jordan's books as the soap opera of fantasy where the people have fallen in love with his characters and just sit through drawn out plot after drawn out plot. Really lads you should try some of the authors out there instead of just refreshing the amazon.co.uk Wheel of time Book (n + 1) page for the release date.

Don't you think you're being a little patronizing? All of us here are pretty well read. We don't limit ourselves to WOT - it just so happens that we all like this particular series.

WOT is not my favourite fantasy series but it does have one of the largest followings and its nice to be able to discuss something that nearly everyone has read.

Advertisement