Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 positons available in the Company I work for...

• 05-03-2002 4:40pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

There are 2 positions available in the company where I work, one is for a Creative Designer, the other for a Web / GUI Developer.

Here are the specs for each, anyone interested drop me a mail at Toxic_ie@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you.

Tox

Creative Designer

Shared role between R&D and Sales and Marketing with the majority of work on the R&D side. Will report to R&D Team
    Leader.

Role Within R&D:

To design / develop Web GUI's for an enterprise Web application (The application will be hosted on Iplanet Web Servers and Weblogic Application Servers and will interface to an Oracle Database).

Full lifecycle development is required.

Design new front end for web based application initially using storyboard techniques through use of Director, Dreamweaver, Flash, Adobe Illustrator etcT

Working knowledge of Computers - Excel/ DOS / Windows etc.

On approval of design, they will be responsible for coding of new front end using HTML, DHTML, Java Script etc...

Preferably will have exposure to Rational Rose, UML, JSP, XML, WML, JavaScript in the development lifecycle

Role Within Sales And Marketing:

Creation of print media such as PDFs, brochures, online help for web application

Experience Attributes:

Minimum 3 years development experience in Web Technologies.

Must be familiar with design applications such as Dreamweaver, Flash etc. Must have experience in HTML, DHTML, JavaScript

Knowledge and/or exposure to any of the following technologies would be an advantage: ML, WML, UML, Unix/Solaris and NT.

Ability to work closely with middleware developers as part of a multidisciplinary team.

Good interpersonal skills, must be a team player.

Preferably has experience in the print media world with progression through to web design.

Web / GUI Developer

Reporting To:
    Team Leader in Development Team.

Key Responsibilities:

To design / develop Web GUI's for an enterprise Web application (The application will be hosted on Iplanet Web Servers and Weblogic Application Servers and will interface to an Oracle Database).

Full lifecycle development is required.

Preferably will have exposure to Rational Rose, UML, JSP, XML, WML, JavaScript in the development lifecycle

Experience Attributes:

Minimum 2/3 years development experience in Web Technologies.
    Must be familiar with OO design and development including full lifecycle development.

Must have experience in HTML, DHTML, JavaScript, JSP and basic Java programming.

Knowledge and/or exposure to any of the following technologies would be an advantage: ML, WML, UML, Unix/Solaris and NT.

Ability to work closely with designers and middleware developers as part of a multidisciplinary team.

Good interpersonal skills, must be a team player.

All applictions need to be in by the end of this week (08/03/02)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Location?
    Money?

viking

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

what position are you interested in..??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Hi ToxicPaddy,

I got your PM, I would be interested in the GUI/Web Developer position. Any chance you can tell me where the job is located? It would be quite an important thing to know.

viking

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Based in Dublin city centre, just off Merrion Sq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Hi Toxic,

Can you tell me what kind of information you require.

Would you like just CV in Word

or would you like to see examples of previous work or indeed

both

thanks

• Advertisement

All thats is required at the moment is a complete CV and cover letter. You can send it to me at Toxic_ie@hotmail.com and I'll pass it on to the HR dept.

Closing date for receipt of all applications passed... was last friday, thanks to all who sent me CV's.. you should be hearing something soon..

Tox

Advertisement