Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skipping heard on Phanton at end of every song

Options
  • 05-03-2002 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭

Listening to Phantom over the last couple of days I noticed that when the automated computer songs are played by "The Phantom" there is a slight glitch at the end of every song or ad.

It sounds like a slight 1 second echo or re-wind as the last song finishes and the new song is faded in. It's not very noticeable but now I have noticed it, it is very annoying to listen to. The same thing happens when coming out of an advert break back to the automated music.

It sounds like the computer they are using is overloaded at this point and takes a second to catch up. The skip is so brief I didn't really notice it until I heard it over and over again.

Another thing I noticed in recent weeks was, as the adverts finish and the next song begins, the ads are faded while they are still talking. Thus it sounds as if they are being cut off before they are finished.

Maybe a faster computer or a defrag or the hard disk might fix this.

I know I'm probably too particular but has anyone else noticed this?????????????

Phantom fan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Yeah I've noticed that too. As far as I can make out, the fade-out of the ads into the next song come after a skip or two. Maybe the song kicks in when the ad was scheduled to finish and hence the overlap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Afternoon,

Yep, tis an overworked PC at fault there. We are in the process of upgrading all the computerised gizmotrology in the studios at the moment, so hopefully within a short while that skipping will be a thing of the past, thing of the past, thing of the past etc....

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

Advertisement