Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Box

Options
  • 05-03-2002 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering...

Does any 1 know the price of an X-box and the price of the games aswell?. Would i be better of waiting for the price to come down if its too expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Its real expensive. You can get bundles but you only end up saving about ten euro's on some crappy third party controller.

Anyway, price wise the console is €500 and games are set to retail around the €70 mark.

Im waiting until the summer when I will have money...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    crappy third party controller.

Oh come on! Its bound to be better than Microsoft's abomination!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Xbox = €500
    Games range from €70 to €75.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Oh come on! Its bound to be better than Microsoft's abomination!

I notice that Microsoft has announced that it's going to replace the aforementioned abomination in the USA, with a much sleeker looking pad which looks very similar to the Japanese pad.

Europe, however, is still going to get the abomination.

Conspiracy theory du jour :- Europe gets the stock of the crap-pad that the Yanks didn't buy, so we don't get the new one until all the crap ones are sold...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

Splashing out on a X-box eh Nex - How bout paying me back for RA2 and the X dvd while ur at it? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Europe, however, is still going to get the abomination
    pe0n - no problems with the pad..

the silly jap pad is too small..

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

thats a mite bit expensive aint it, ****ing hell like. games are that much aswell. it will probably sell out well no matter wot the price!

Its worse than the Saturn pad.

no one bought saturns and no one cares about them so who cares what its pad was like :)

I got my first go on a sex box today. Amped and Project Gotham Racing.

Cant say they are amazing games but I like the system so far

• Advertisement

I got my first go on it too. From what I've played of Amped, it pales in comparison to SSX Tricky. Project Gotham is definitely something I want but not for that price.

Nekki man you need to check out RalliSport challenge, it plays like Sega Rally 2 (great) and has to the most gorgeous graphics ever, GT3 A-Spec beaters, no kidding!

rallisport_screen002.jpg

Yeah, but its a rally game. Like Colin McCrea or WRC or any other rally game.

I'd love to get my mits on Jet Set Radio Future, Project Gotham Racing, Halo and Project Ego but outside that there's nothing at all I'm interested in. And that's not enough to make me buy an XBox at that price.

P.S. The system seems to be awash with generic 3rd person action adventure games.

P.P.S. Sega Rally 2 was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I think i'll get a GF4 or a Coolermaster case instead.
    Same price and you can brag you got a GF4 or Coolermaster

Sega Rally 2 was fantastic (arcade version) and so was the original, the arcade style game play means that pretty much all corners are on the limit power sliding technique.

PGR was a rushed game, and if you played and like MSR. theres nothing new for you except a couple of real deal speed machines.

I want on launch day Halo/RalliSport Challenge/JSRF and F1 2002 before the end of the month.

..but im am going to be conservative and just get Halo on launch day with the other 4 in sequence.

Is FFX out this month too?

ohh and MGS2 tomorrow, what an excellent month for gaming, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I dont see why soo many people are buying the X-box for halo...its already out on the PC!!!
    I saw it in EB for £30 (sterling) but no1 belives its out on PC,and say its coming out months after the X-box is released...but ive seen it,i just couldnt be bothered with it coz it dont look like much IMO (oh and shinji said its pewp,i wud believe him :))

Originally posted by Pugsley
    (oh and shinji said its pewp,i wud believe him :))

Shinji may be a reliable source for information but hes not the be all and end all to gaming.

I want to see/experience Halo for myself, it has been super hyped in the US and gamers in the US and ALL the gaming mags have given it a high rating.

Shinji is not on his own with his opinion of Halo but he is in the distinct minority, so i will check this title out myself.
    :)

Games wot i want on X-Box:

JSRF
    Wreckless - Looks amazing
    Project Ego
    That Mech game from Capcom

others I cant think of cos I got a memory block thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by PPC
    I think i'll get a GF4 or a Coolermaster case instead.
    Same price and you can brag you got a GF4 or Coolermaster

You don't seem to mention what keyboard you have. Please post soon as I am wetting myself with anticipation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

masthead_dell2.jpg Dell Quiet Key
    Model:RT7D5JTW

:P

• Advertisement

Shinji is not on his own with his opinion of Halo but he is in the distinct minority, so i will check this title out myself.

Quite right too. There are a lot of games I dislike immensely which others spooge over - all the Black Isle stuff comes to mind, Baldurs Gate and all that. Just can't stand that type of RPG.

Admittedly my dislike of Halo is a little more founded since I really like FPS games in general. But folk need to make their own minds up... However, I would suggest that people try playing Halo on demo pods or a friends Xbox rather than going out and paying a small fortune for a console just to play the game. Be pretty disappointing if it WAS poo after spending €600 or whatever, eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

the Buffy game looks swank:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,524512-6,00.html

Mmmm... screenies. Check out the Dead Or Alive 3 screens too while you're on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Why spend $600 buying the X-Box when you can spend $60 buying it for the PC....... i just dont get this :confused:

Originally posted by chernobyl

Is FFX out this month too?

Pfft, i wish. I dont think its out till May 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by amp

You don't seem to mention what keyboard you have. Please post soon as I am wetting myself with anticipation!

What you on about?
    And its a Keytronics w/Blue leds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Why spend $600 buying the X-Box when you can spend $60 buying it for the PC....... i just dont get this :confused:

Perhaps because it's not scheduled to be released on PC anymore, and from what I know, never was released on PC...Yes perhaps that's why...

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

the X-Box seems a tad expensive, especially with the game cube being priced alot lower than it. is halo actually coming out on the PC & Unreal Championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Since Microsoft bought (or bought into) Bungee - they originally put a six month lockout for PC on Halo - so currently that would make the release Sept 2002.

But in more recent months, the line from MS has been there'll be no release of it on PC. Ever. Smart move I say...

MS blought Bungee OK. To the point where Halo was done in Redmond

• Advertisement

Aye - MS bought Bungie, and within months Halo was totally different from what was initially planned, as far as I can tell...

It's unlikey to ever appear on the PC, although you never know...

Unreal Championship won't appear on the PC either. However, Unreal 2 and Unreal Tournament 2 are both scheduled for the PC this year, and all three games are based off the Unreal Warfare engine.

Advertisement