Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EAP,no chance of decent access

Options
  • 05-03-2002 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

By decent I mean cheap.
    Id been talking to a fella from eap.ie called Charlie who originally told me in an email that the price of wirelss net access would be 70 - 90 euro a month.

So now our new offices are just about finished I decided to ring him back on it,and allthough prices havent been publically released he said it would be around 300 euro a month !
    for 512 up and down.

His agrument was a leased line was 10 grand and this was a 'great' price,he made comments about the comms bill and didnt think it had much hope basically in my opinion he started acting like an asshole at me then and getting very patronizing (surprising cause he was moaning about how eircom had screwed up their isdn lines..why use isdn if you have this great new wireless service?).

Long story short seems like a cowboy outfit and for wireless access of them your looking at at least 300 * 12 = 3600 + 21% vat = 4356 + 250 installation charge (guesstimate from his email)
    = 4606.

But there was light at the end of the tunnel ! I rang NTL and they are sorting us out with cable access for 40 euro a month ! which saves our offices about 360 odd quid a month..now to mail irishwan about a wireless link from my house to the office..

adios
    nem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Seems comparable to what Formus were charging for the same service before they went bust. It's a business oriented service, with no bandwidth caps/service restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

That is really disappointing news. They are just getting greedy now. I hope this price hike totally diminishes their appeal as an alternative and they are forced to reduce their prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭muchos_bongo

EAP and Formus are effectively one and the same. Both have the Ardagh brothers behind them. One of them being Charlie Ardagh...

You do the math...

Oh yeah, the Ardagh brothers run Wireless Wednesday and First Tuesday also.

Advertisement