Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stargate

• 05-03-2002 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

whats the story with the next series???

those last few episodes have got me gaggin for more

GIMME NOW

NOOOW!!!!!!!!!;)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Season 6 is due to start airing in the US on the 7th of July. Hopefully it will be a lot better than season 5 which i thought was very disappointing (too much emphasis on fancy special effects and large scale plotlines imo). The Sci-Fi channel has bought the series after Showtime dropped it. With luck Stargate wont go the same way Sliders & The Outer Limits did when they moved to the scifi channel, MGM have assured the SG1 producers that they will not have similar budget limitations... fingers crossed.

Found some information about season6 on the net... Michael Shanks is being replaced by Corin Nemec (he played Jonas Quinn in the second last episode of Season 5, when Daniel died/ascended). Michael Shanks himself is returning for at least one episode, entitled "Abyss" in season 6, possibly more.

There are also plans for a spin-off series not based on the SGC aswell as a movie featuring the SG1 cast (including Shanks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

spin off, that isn't based in the sgc?

Hmmm that would leave the russian's

or some special op's thing,

maybe Jaffa/Tokra,

Oh no, maybe a Tollen rebels thing, that would be cool

Well, afaik the title of the spin-off is "Atlantis", if that gives any clues let me know :p

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Wonder if this film would be as good as the orgional

• Advertisement

I would be very surprised if it wasn't. (Stronger cast, bigger budget(?), sg1 universe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Positive. They have begun filming & that article is sensationalist rubbish. SG-1 is still very popular especially among women (check the forums on www.gateworld.net) and a film based on the series is still looking likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Anubus

Hey all.
    I'm betting that the new Stargate spinoff has something to do with the fact that the Gate has 9 chevrons.We only see/use 7 chevrons because the other two aren't needed and are hidden by the ramp.We saw the 8th chevron used when O'Neill called the Asguard, by the way. Just so you know I'm not making this up...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by daveirl

9th Chevron = Time Travel??

Maybe but I hope not

Very unlikely seeing as the Ancients built the stargates yet in Window of Opportunity they weren't able to build a machine for time travel.

Originally posted by daveirl

Wouldn't be the first plot hole though.

Yeah, but a plot hole and a series based on a plot hole are two very different things :)

thats just being pedantic you idiot:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Anubis

Did anyone else get to meet Michael Shanks at the Forbidden Planet the day before Meridian was shown? I thought that it was really cool that he went to the trouble of saying goodbye to the fans
    Chris;)

Advertisement