Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cable cut

• 27-02-2001 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm reading up on a lot of things about how to make a strong network but at the end of the day, if my service provider burns down, I'm out of luck. I think I can trust my ISP and web host to have fireproof backups but what about the main internet cable itself? What if there's an Event Horizon and a gigantic tsunami snaps the Irish Internet cable like a piece of limp spaghetti? What kind of backup do we have if Global Crossing's cable throws a wobbler?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think you worry too much.

As someone mentioned to your exact same eariler post Ireland has a lot of pigeons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

see internet backbone thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

we have at the moment 2 45mbps connections to the states. and we have one 34mbps connection to the uk. the chance off all the wires been severd are very slim, so dont get to excited about it

Advertisement