Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dabs.co.uk

• 06-03-2002 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I am considering buying a few components from dabs and I was wondering what people think of them/their service?

Their prices seem pretty good and at least claim to have the stock. What I am interested in finding out is whether people tend to get what they ordered etc.

Also, how hard is it to get somebody on the phone, to get a reply to an email, or to get authorisation to return an item? I have a pre-sales query that I want to ask them, but I cannot seem to find a sutable email address, or even a sutable form, on their website!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I've ordered £700 worth of gear from them, and didn't have any problems, so I never had to contact them. I intend to use them again in the future for large orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I ordered off em for the first time a few weeks ago. Speedy delivery and everything was in perfect nick..
    I was impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I havn't heard many bad stories about them.

The flat rate £20 Stg shipping to Ireland is very nice for big orders too.

[BTW, don't buy from the evil scan.co.uk]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I bought a zip drive from them a couple of years ago, no problems whatsoever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

My 2c.
    I ordered an MP3 CD player from them and got the delivery on time with no issues...

Pity Sterling is so crappy at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

I have ordered stuff from them before with no problems, i know people who buy from them regularly and have never complained about the service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

i ordered a graphics card off them, no problems and lovely quick delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Unlike everyone else here i had mad problems with them
    I ordered me goods a cd rw, never got it rang them up and they said they would deliver it again , never got it , they blamed the parcel crowd and told me i would be aswell canceling me order as i was unlikely to get me goods

So i wouldn't order from them but it could be an isolated incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

Ive ordered over £2000 worth of gear from them over the past two years. Ive never had a problem with deliveries or wrong/missing goods. They are usually quick at delivering too. Ill continue to use them in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I'd put my orders over the last 2+ years at over UK£20k, and never had a problem with them. Delivery is always in 2 days, and when I once got a broken monitor, they had a swapout arranged in 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Originally posted by bkehoe
    I'd put my orders over the last 2+ years at over UK£20k, and [snip]

I'm not sure this emphasises this enough, but :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Thanks everybody!

So it seems that they are a pretty easy company to deal with after all, and I'll be going ahead with my order!

The only bad report doesn't seem all that bad really, presuming that you ( BabyEater ) didn't have that much trouble getting through to their support lines. ie. No hour long wait.

bkehoe: Is this a buisness account? It would be interesting to see if they are better with their buisiness accounts then with home users ( I do have the option of getting a buisness account ).

All said, its looking pretty good. I'll have to get over my natural fear of dealing with English companies.

Thanks again.
    Zab.

Hi, its just a normal account that I use to get components and stuff for myself and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah but .... STG£20k ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Guess he has a lot of friends...

Heh, it could be more, but I'm not bothered to go through the invoices. Anyway, the point of the post was to say that dabs never screwed up with anything for me, and I've been getting lots of stuff...

Advertisement