Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music shops these days tut tut....

Options
  • 06-03-2002 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Is it just me or have music shops these days gone down the drain? The selection of music in all the big stores like Virgin, HMV and Tower is just dire. Even when you do find a band you like in 'em they supply about 1 copy of the album and if you're unlucky enough to be person no. 2 who wants to by that album, it's sold out.
    I can understand that smaller bands don't have as much demand but what i don't understand is why it takes them so damn long to restock the shelves if that 1 copy of the album is gone. What a cruel cruel world!!!!

Ps. What did people with poor eyesight do before glasses were invented? I mean did they just keep walking into stuff? If you have the answer please let me know it's been bothering me for a while now. Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

I'm sure I've posted on this before, but record shops in Dublin are awful. There's a huge gap in the market for a Fopp or Avalance providing a wider selection of alternative music than Road Records and the like, at a lower price than HMV and Virgin charge.
    And the price of CD singles in Ireland is scandalous.

Sorry I can't tell you about the glasses, but in a similar vein I have another question. Who was the first person to try contact lenses? Cos you'd have to be pretty bloody brave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

regarding the record stores: i've found that tower do okay if you berate them for long enough... :)

regarding the glasses: i guess we just walked into things... *lol* mind you, it's astounding how accurate you can get at estimating the shape, size and distance of large blurs when your glasses are broken...

regarding the contacts: eeeeew! i know why i'd never use them...

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

Advertisement