Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

for breakfast i mostly eat....

Options
  • 06-03-2002 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

um, to be honest i usually drink a slim fast milk shake.

no, im not over weight, i just cant be arsed to eat cereal in the morning and the shake fills me up and has vitamins and stuff like that in it that are suppose to be good for me.
    but mostly its due to laziness in the sitting and eating breakfasst department. also means i can sleep for an extra 10 minutes and then drink my breakfast on the way to work!

but on my days off, i love rasher sagwiches with a little bit of cheese and ketchup. on the lovely fresh crusty bread i get from sainsburys, you know, when its so fresh its still hot when you get it home. bloody gorgeous!
    i do however eat frosties or honey nut cornflakes as a snack in the evening!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Weekdays - some bread (perhaps a croissant) with my coffee. Or just my coffee (terrible, I know).

Weekends & holidays - typically a "continental" breakfast - freshly baked bread, cheeses, dried and/or sliced meats. Gloria Jeans Mudslide or Hot Lava Java (ground coffee with exta caffeine from Taylors of Harrowgate).

Very occasionally - full-on Irish fry with sausages, rashers, perhaps puddings. Homemade potato bread. Fried mushrooms. Baked beans for the girlfriend (I cant stand them with brekkie). Toast. Same coffee as above.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well I have a horrid reaction to to much wheat in the mornings (I am doubled over in bad stomach cramps within a hour or two). So that ruls out most normal breakies.

Week days:
    Nothing really bar a coffee or if I feel like treating myself a grande mocha from Starbucks. If I do eat it would normally be toast.

Weekends/Holidays:
    If I am hungry I love a fry up with a nice strong tea and some fresh OJ.

kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

generally just cornflakes but if i'm in the mood i'll fry up some rashers, sausages, egg, beans, tomatoe and a couple of slices of toast n a cupa tea.

i couldn't get through the day without some sort of breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

weekdays a big bowl of porriage with lashings of honey. and greasy fryups the weekend. rashers sausages egg mushrooms tomato beans.
    i tend to fart a lot!!! i wonder why?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Cigarettes and coffee..

On Fridays I have a croissant, cigarettes and coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Couple of bowls of Weetos. I'm a 20-year old infant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Sico
    Couple of bowls of Weetos. I'm a 20-year old infant :)

weetos rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

mug of coffee and a glass of orange juice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

lots of toast with plenty of butter,
    eggs - 2, boiled,
    olhausen pre-cooked rashers, microwaved, (lazy git)
    calvita cheese for toast

getting hungry thinking about it

/away - eating... n'yom

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Normally nothing. If I have a reason to hang about the house, the I'll have a cup of coffee. Otherwise I'll go into college and get a roll/wrap/sandwich and a cup of coffee. If I'm in work, I'll have nothing, go into work and buy an apple trellis and maybe a bag of crisps and have a cup of coffee on my first break (usually after 45min in work).
    Toast first thing in the morning makes me sick/sore/in agony. Depends on what the previous weekend was like.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Weekdays - sup of orange juice to wash down a cod liver oil tablet. Coffee and a smoke.

Weekends - Usually some waffles with melted cheese or else a nice fry up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Before i came to the big smoke i used to work in roscommon, and there is a petrol station on the athlone rd and my god the breakfast rool in there was unbeleivable.
    Basically it went like this
    Old McDonald had a farm now its between two slices of bread.
    I am not kidding but it was huge, used to share it with some one at work and all for £2,

Nowadays apple or maybe sausages between a bagutte (or how ever you spell it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

hmmmm it varys what time i get up due to working shifts

if its before midday i usually have either toast or a bowl of fruit n fiber and lotsa tea :D

after 12 i have an early lunch but thats another story... 0_o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by kayos
    if I feel like treating myself a grande mocha from Starbucks.

How can anything from Starbucks be considered treating yoruself.

OK, OK....to each their own, but I find Starbucks coffee to be absolutely putrid.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by bonkey

How can anything from Starbucks be considered treating yoruself.

OK, OK....to each their own, but I find Starbucks coffee to be absolutely putrid.

jc

You haven't tried the coffee in Galway then have you :)
    I know there are better coffee shops around but its close to work and I am a lazy sod :)

kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

I normally miss break fast and try to grab a breakfast roll in the canteen between class.

But at the week-end i enjoy fry-ups.
    two words rasher-sandwich. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

2 bowls of fruit salid and 5 cups of coffee........

Going for another cuppa now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I used to always skip Breakfast, but now im trying to get into the habit of eating 1 each morning.

Usualy I eat a bowl of cereal, those crunchy nut flakes are nice ...mmm , with a glass of oj, and maybe a piece of toast.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Im a Weetos man myself, about 3 bowls of weetos with about a litre of milk, or if i have time (or theres no weetos) scrambled eggs with about 4 slices of toast with a glass of Dr Kochs Drink 10 for the vitamins ( im a vegetarian)

bomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Rice usually and a very strong coffee, to start opening my eyes. That's on week days.

Week-End, as I get up for lunch usually, it's lucnh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Rice Crispies or porridge, maybe toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

coffee black 2 sugar.

If I have more time on a weekday I have a bowl of cereal and a slice or two of toast with it.

weekend lunch or full fry up.

3 maple cure rashers, 3 sausages, fried egg, pudding (possibly) and beans / fried mushroom which usually ends up in a toasted sandwich :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Weetabix and only Weetabix in the mornings, I went thorgh a porridge phase years ago but I just don't have the time these days (out the house before 7 two days a week!).

A cooked breakfast is something I really could'nt face first thing...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I try to sleep as long as possible in the moring so I dont eat breakfast, maybe then around 11 I would have a roll or something. I dont eat breakfast on weekends either.
    I used to always have a bowl of cereal, I think I had been eating golden grahams, mmmmmmm so much sugar you feel your teeth rotting away

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dunnes Stores Fruit & Fibre + COld Milk.
    Soggy.
    Shíte.
    Puts.
    Me.
    In.
    Bad.
    Mood.
    Touch not my head on morns bright and early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Terran

Cheerios if I can get 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭king of fifa

a spliff followed by another spliff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Whatever's edible that i can get my hands on. And coke. Must have coke in the morning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Just Coke does me fine ;)

I wake up with the intentions of making something special. It's even funnier if a bird is staying over and you bugger downstairs to the kitchen for a while (leaving her curious as to what morning specialty she is going to receive), and then with an ear-to-ear grin return with 2 glasses of coke.

I think it's hallarious, and has to be done at least once. It's at that point they usually figure out what type of person you really are.

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by phobos
    I think it's hallarious, and has to be done at least once. It's at that point they usually figure out what type of person you really are.

;-phobos-)

and leave without getting your phone number....

Advertisement