Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heres one for ya.....

• 06-03-2002 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Ok, Myself and 'buddy' work together, same room etc.

Yesterday evening, like every other evening before I leave I clean out my cache, tmp internet files etc.

When I came into work this morning, I went to check the boards, but the account buddy was logged in already.

Now, buddy has confirmed that he has never touched my machine, and he never never logged in as himself on my machine, but his account was logged in on my machine! He was surfing the boards before I was in on his own machine - but thats about it.

Can anyone explain this to me? Security issue? I don't other ppl checking to boards and having my account logged in for them.... think of the untold damage they could do! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Strange,

I'd assume that when clearing your cache etc.. it only clears the local cache on your machine. Depending on how the work proxy is setup and the time to live values set when you go to retrieve the page again it may only retrieve it from the local cache. Or maybe it retreived the cookie from local cache.

I'm not too sure which machine was logged on with which account but it defo looks like a proxy/cacheing issue.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

happens in our college aswell. when you load the main page it shows someone else logged in, even if their in another lab.

i find that they are actually logged out, but the main page is still cached with them logged in. try refreshing the page. that works for me.

Advertisement