Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nova ??

Options
  • 06-03-2002 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Listening to Phantom last evening as one does stuck in traffic, i was day dreaming about hover cars, like back to the future, when I heard a song by some female artist...something Nova it was a really top song with some great lyrics...all of which have completely vanished from my nut right at this moment....something along the lines of a mind virus...it was kinda like an anti conformist song.....lyrics coming back now....

uuhh aahh eemmm

"where's my kids, where's my car I aint got niether but I got my guitar....."etc etc

"felt like freak so I (.......she did something..for a while uh huh !) and talked to a dog to pass the time"

Anyone know who this artist is ...I also heard there's an album soon, then the hover cars drifted back into my mind...

waffle waffle ....Raggamuffin, please resist this opportunity to make a snide comment and tell me how ****e my taste in music is ..

thanks - Trev M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

probably Heather Nova.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

It is Heather Nova. New track by her, but cannot remember the name either. Think it is something like "mind virus".

She is playing Ambassador with another great singer from US called Howie Day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Thanks , kinda strange really cause I usually don't like female artists...not because "girls can't play" or anything like that but sometimes I find it hard to relate from a mans perspective or whatever ...oh jesus I can hear the feminists clammerring at the door.....what I mean to say is that female artists , for me , and I haven't listened to a whole heap or anything , but they tend to sing about subjects that I find difficult to relate too....ahhh crap I dunno what I mean Ms. Nova just kinda stands out from the herd a bit

UNA KEANE is awesome too...just had to add that in there.

All the best and thanks .....

Trev M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭megameaty

Yea i much prefer male artists, and im female!! But it's mainly because of the sound of their voice. Womens voices are too timid and soft. I know there are exceptions of course, but as i always say.... guys are my bag baby. And anyway, if they're singing about girls n' stuff i just tend to swap the sexes in my head. Then everything is hunky dorey. I mean we all think in the same way in the end.

Yea and about that hovering car thing....you know hoverboards were actually invented. Somewhere in America as far as i know. But they were band very shortly after they went on sale-'too dangerous' or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Trev M
    but they tend to sing about subjects that I find difficult to relate too....

Same here, which begs the question: How come females relate so easily to male-written songs/lyrics? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

Originally posted by Tara
    It is Heather Nova. New track by her, but cannot remember the name either. Think it is something like "mind virus".

She is playing Ambassador with another great singer from US called Howie Day

Aah, someone else who knows and appreciates Howie! His albums amazing and he's gonna be selling it at the gig, definitely pick up a copy. I got a great bootleg of a show he did last year and I can't wait to see him on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭pixe

(I'm going be horrible here)

We're just too complecated for men to understand! Men are simpler to understand, thats why women can understand them but men can't understand us ! :D

(i don't really mean that, I jsut could'nt help it);)

Looks like Heather is playing somewere son cause I saw postersd the other day, if ye want to cheak her out!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

Originally posted by pixe
    (I'm going be horrible here)

Looks like Heather is playing somewere son cause I saw postersd the other day, if ye want to cheak her out!

In the ambassador on Sunday like somebody already said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭pixe

ooh my quote got all funny up there

Nothing agaist heather, I never heard her (just incase)

Advertisement