Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

frankenstein

Options
  • 06-03-2002 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

anyone know where the character igor came from? he isn't in the book so far, i'm only half way through though. was he added in a film version or st?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

Frankenstein is an amazing book.Igor is a recent cinematic development ,based on 'Dracula',not frankenstein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 gertrude

that makes understanding far side cartoons a lot easier. frankenstein is a cool book, indeed. almost finished it now. couple of pages. what do you think of coppolla's film, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

igor owns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I liked the Coppola's movie. Adding me to Barry Norman makes two so far. At the time I was going out with a vegimitarian so the poor girl couldn't watch much of it without wincing/screaming/shuddering (though oddly enough the next poor cratur I inflicted myself on was vegan and thought "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was classic cinema, no accounting for taste I suppose)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

The film is good, I always prefered the book though...

Let's be honest, I always prefer books, leave more to my imaginations than images chewed by somebody else's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Actual kind sirs/ladies ye are all wrong.
    For the background of Igor(s) see Pratchett's Fifth Elephant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 gertrude

don't you think coppolla went a bit overboard throwing in the whole extra piece about making the doctor's wife into another monster running around with her head on fire?

Advertisement