Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

error's on installation of 98se

• 06-03-2002 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

while detecting hardware or any plug and play devices windows comes up with the error.

msgrsv32 has performed and illegal operation and will be shut down.

click ok and it restarts and gives the same error with a whole load of new ones :confused: (I'm not in front of the com samba is so I'm not sure of the exact error's)

Anyone an idea of what this error is and any way to possibly fix it?

The system is --->

PIII 1.0Ghz
    128MB pc133 infineon CL2 ram
    10.2GB fujitsu 7200rpm Ata 33 - primary master as drive C:
    6.0GB Quantum fireball 7200rpm Ata 33 - primary slave as drive D:
    atapi cd-r drive configured as secondary master as drive E:
    Tnt2 32MB gfx card
    Lucent lt winmodem. (internal) in pci slot 2
    pcpartner intel I815E chipset utilising on board sound, alc100 audio controller
    siemens fdd

He's also telling me that last install the com bluescreened with a fatal exception in VXD (something, he never took down the exact error!)

If I can't fix it when I get home, I'm going to give XP Pro a bash, could someone point me towards an installation guide for xp pls, how to creat bootdisk etc.. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

msgrsv32 can get bitchy about a few things. I found on some brand of Dell computers it conflicted with the power management options so I diabled them and it works fine since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

ty yellum. I'll give that a shot when I get home in a while

well I got home late last night and tried it out and no joy whatsoever. :mad:

I tried disabling acpi anything else that wasn't necessary and still no joy, bios defaults, same jazz different install till about 5am and then I gave up due to my sanity being under threat :(

any ideas anyone Please!!

Well (renton you'll be happy to know) the bro dropped it off to laser earlier on and they reckon it's a rom/ram issue, I'll let them deal with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Any ideas?

Yup, remove hard drive from system and attach it to another, then boot off of win98 disk, drop to dos, mkdir c:\cab_dir copy d:\win98\*.* c:\cab_dir
    cd c:\cab_dir
    setup /im /is
    then once it has finished reattach it to the p3 and simply install drivers as needed
    /or something similar\

How will copying all the cab files to the hdd fix any problems?

What else does the above do to help the situation? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement