Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry level Sparc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah first sun workstation under $1000 and first workstation to carry the new UltraSPARC IIe processor...
    systems start at about 500Mhz.
    pity they only ship with an 8mb ATI RageXL.. still cant have everything smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I just asked my boss to buy me one.
    seeing as I quit and am serving out my notice it's unlikely I'll ever see it though.

I might just buy one for myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

thats a nice offer alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

eh?sparc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

its a sun machine

and re the graphics

PGX32 is a low cost PCI-based graphics accelerator for windowing applications that require full 24-bit color without the need for high performance 3D graphics. Sun PGX32 provides 24-bit color and 8-bit color and is backwards compatible with the PGX frame buffer. PGX32 is supported in all PCI-based workstations and workgroup servers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement