Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness line-up - confirmed so far...

Options
  • 06-03-2002 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

I cannot reveal my sources but here are just of some the acts 100% confirmed so far for Witnness. Lets just say I had a productive day...

Chemical Brothers
    The Frames (headlining Main stage although they'll be billed below the more expensive act on the poster.. like Faithless last year or Leftfield the year before)
    Joe Strummer
    Damien Rice
    The Hives
    Tricky
    Badly Drawn Boy
    The Beta Band
    A
    Gomez
    Ian Brown
    Haven
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    No Doubt

It's looking increasingly likely that Oasis and The Strokes are going to be in there too. As usual with MCD, there'll be no word on any Irish acts until the last minute. Judging from the spectacular non-appearance of any Witnness Rising events since August last it's a sorry indication of what they really feel about bands in their own country. Rice and Frames are in and have been booked, but little else... You can expect The Revs to make a big stage appearance before their bubble bursts. Aslan are tipped to be in the "Sawdoctors slot" on Sunday afternoon, after the football of course.

The whole thing will be officially launced in the next three weeks.

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

That's one sh*tty line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

I've been reading in a lot of places that T in the Park was put back a week to be able to share it's performers with Witnness. The list you just gave is almost the same as the confirmed list for T in the Park. The main headline slot for T has yet to be filled and Oasis are rumoured to be taking it so that's where the rumour for Witness came.

I bet your source came from one of the places I read then (c:

Add Foo Fighters to that list because they're playing at T, they're due an Irish date to promote the new album and have turned down supporting the Chillis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

Sorry, I clean forgot about Foo Fighters. I thought I wrote them in. They too are 100% confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

That'll make it more bearable. Lets hope Brian May makes a guest appearance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Well, apart from the foos...I care little about the rest of the line up....so lucky then I wont be in the country for witness...Roll on Ozzfest!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

does witnness clash with the world cup at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eric the head

Witness or Ozzfest ???........ its just not a match. Repeat after me..... Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy - Oi Oi Oi :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

i might go and see "f uck witnness" if that line up doesn't get any better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

I hope that line up gets better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

PLEASE THE BREEDERS OR QOTSA!!!!!!

NIN??? bands look real mediocre..... and a for the foo fighters hmmmmmmm who cares its not like we havent seen them in the last few months i suppose ozzfest certainly looks way better.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by p-t saviour
    does witnness clash with the world cup at all?

no, it's in mid-July ,two weeks after the final.

Chemical Bros should be class.
    Foos will entertain too.

I don't despise Oasis but there'd be some amount of
    d!ck head knacker young fellas fallin around the place
    singin wonderwall if they are confirmed, Aslan can
    F~#k off to the Red Cow Inn or Spa Hotel where they're
    appreciated. Seriously, there was some amount of young
    d!ckhead stereophonic/aslan/verve/oasis heads there last
    year cause stereophinics were headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

ahh... dosint seem that bad. Foo Fighters, Chemical Bros., The Hives, Gomez, Ian Brown....

Not amazing, but I'm sure it'll be a fun couple of days.

Wouldint mind if Oasis played either. At the end of the day, they are quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

alot of famous chart acts,is witnness.

the foo's j!ve, don't badmouth them;
    i'm looking forward to hearing the new almbum.

imight even get the orange county OST cos most of the tracks jive;you heard the offspring track?bloody great!

chemical bro's are very top notch; i'd love to see them play

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I think the line up is ok, could be better, but i dont really care cos the Foo Fighters are playing and maybe this time they'll play in Ireland, because last year i forked out £80 to see them in Slane, then Taylor had to go and 'over indulge' at V'01 meaning they cancelled playing Slane. So im happy that they'll be playing here this summer, roll on July!

Even with the Foo's, the line-up still blows.

i dont think i'll bother paying money for the witnness fest.

i thinki 'll just camp in a field in berkshire and wait until late august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Well that line up isn't too bad really imo, but i'd go just to see the hives and gomez to be honest.....i wouldnt miss either of them for the world!! And the Foos!!! Yay!! If the sun shines it will be great!!:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

It's obviously not the full line-up but some of it is quite promising:

Joe Strummer
    The Hives
    Badly Drawn Boy
    The Beta Band
    Gomez
    The Strokes
    Ian Brown

By the time Witnness comes around, both The Strokes and The Hives will be a bad memory.

With any lucky, that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

the hives being particularly annoying could any bands completely rip the pixies without actually copping on and syaing "wait a minute does'nt my song sound EXACTly like that debaser" hehehehe anyway there're very poor

The strokes i have to say are'nt as annoying as the hives but none the less this plagurization is getting ridiculous.

I would'nt mind seeing the beta band but still did'nt they just play.
    Well i know its not about the music but the about the fun but to be honest if they don't get something good like deftones QOTSA just something decent then i'll be forced to drink until i see a good band playing...... thats alot of drinking.

Joe Strummer aint no Clash....

I'd love to see the Breeders!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

The chemical brotheres should be quite good too

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

No Doubt are playing !!!!!!!!1

I've wanted to see them for the last 4 years!!!

That is gonna be a great gig, there new song sucks tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

what? raggmuffin, as much as i hate the hives (i thought i was the only one), please inform me which hives song sounds like debaser? ok, maybe i haven't heard all their songs, so i could just be crazy, but what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

hmmmm i also cant see the connection.... i however love the hives!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

Originally posted by Monkey
    It's obviously not the full line-up but some of it is quite promising:

Joe Strummer
    The Hives
    Badly Drawn Boy
    The Beta Band
    Gomez
    The Strokes
    Ian Brown

monkey: this is exactly who i'm going to see.
    + the foo's

class.

hives are an irritating version of the stones.debaser?they wish.

the an-jives really think that they are great tho;they really do.

that makes themmore annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

well there is a couple of good acts...and at least you wont be running from one tent to another and not have any time for more inportant things...and its what happens aswell, thats important...to me anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭The Evil Monkey

GREEN DAY have just been confirmed for the 13th of july witnnes festival!!! WOHOOO!!! my favourite band is coming to Ireland again!! this means i now have to get money to go.......
    does anyone know when tickets are on sale??

Advertisement