Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness Line-Up - confirmed so far

Options
  • 07-03-2002 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

I cannot reveal my sources but here are just of some the acts 100% confirmed so far for Witnness. Lets just say I had a productive day...

Chemical Brothers
    The Frames (headlining Main stage although they'll be billed below the more expensive act on the poster.. like Faithless last year or Leftfield the year before)
    Joe Strummer
    Damien Rice
    The Hives
    Tricky
    Badly Drawn Boy
    The Beta Band
    A
    Gomez
    Ian Brown
    Haven
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    No Doubt

It's looking increasingly likely that Oasis and The Strokes are going to be in there too. As usual with MCD, there'll be no word on any Irish acts until the last minute. Judging from the spectacular non-appearance of any Witnness Rising events since August last it's a sorry indication of what they really feel about bands in their own country. Rice and Frames are in and have been booked, but little else... You can expect The Revs to make a big stage appearance before their bubble bursts. Aslan are tipped to be in the "Sawdoctors slot" on Sunday afternoon, after the football of course.

The whole thing will be officially launced in the next three weeks.

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

nice one Brautigan. ;) especially with the chemical brothers, tricky and ian brown bit.

do you happen to know the price of the tickets as most people will want to know that?

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

The Frames will be unreal.
    Badly Drawn Boy was good in Witnness 2000.
    Damien Rice is damn good.

I'll not leave the pit if Oasis and The Strokes and The Frames are on.

I'm so gonna be there. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Joe Strummer eh? quality stuff,
    Oasis twould be entertaining too...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

There was an article in today's "The Star". The Foo Fighters have also been signed to the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Panda

I'll not leave the pit if Oasis and The Strokes and The Frames are on.

Dude, you are such a tough as nails mosher, The Pit for the frames will be pure madness and violence.

Pfft :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

:rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Just wondering how one would go about getting one of the backstage passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

oasis are looking very likely to play apparantly, all i can say is uuugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Interesting lineup, I'd be on for going to see The Frames, The Hives, Gomez, A and The Beta Band, will have to see how much the tickets are and who's going first though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

V.I.P passes are given out in raffle form after you register your ticket number on the Witnness web site.
    Got 6 last year, Bloody great free Guinness!
    It was my 18th Birthday too!!

Back to the Frames.

I've seen them loads of times in Vicar street and they were great, Moshing a plenty,
    but i saw them in The Olympia and it had to be the worst gig I've seen. There just no suited to Big venues.
    Main Stage at Witnness that anit gonna work.
    Even the Rising tent was way too big last year, could barely see them.
    Its just not intimate enough and now more then ever the Frames need intimate venues to play. I know it anit possible cause theres such a big demand to see them.

No Doubt are playing thats gonna be Green, I've wanted to see them for the last 4 years.
    Hope it don't rain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

but i saw them in The Olympia and it had to be the worst gig I've seen. There just no suited to Big venues

The Olympia is a Big Venue?

I'd hate to see a small one :]

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

the frames in the rising tent last year was one of the best concerts i have ever seen. i never saw them in the olympia but in vicar street they are always great. it'll be great for them to play the main stage, imagine the exposure they'll get......GREAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

get muse back in there.. they were classss....

again again againg...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Holy **** if even half of that is true its going to be one féck off festival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

It seems yellum, that you have been silenced.

There was a large amount of moshing going on in the rising tent last year aswell for the frames, i was crowd surfing and Glen Hansard jumped from the stage to go surfing aswell.

now shut it you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

once again I shall be leaving the country to go to a decent festival it would appear. Glasto and Reading all the way.

Yeah shut it Yellum ya ponce

Advertisement