Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astonishing, Eircom :(

Options
  • 07-03-2002 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

I feel so angry I just had to post this. When Eircom
    announced High-Speed @ £90 I just had to get it. I run
    a small Internet based business and when this first came
    out I seen High-Speed as being a huge advantage to me. I
    was blinded by all the hype and the excitement of getting
    away from the slow crewel of the 33.6 Modem I was used to.
    I applied for it and it eventually cost me a lot more than
    I bargained for, to actually get installed. After it was
    installed I noticed a slight difference of download speeds
    Etc. but it didn't really make any significant difference
    but I stuck with it. Over a period of a few years the
    cost of having it finally outweighed the income I was
    getting from it and I finally had to give it up and I was
    charged £100 for the privilege of having my old line
    re-installed. Today Eircom sent two Reps to my door. Some
    really young errrm lady and a well dress ermm Gent. I let
    them speak to me and go on and on about how great High-Speed was and why I should take it. I have to be honest, I was
    Dumbstruck for words. I sat at my computer for ages after
    they left wondering, 'Did this really happen?' Then reality
    set in. What a heartless shower of B's Eircom really are.
    They made me soo mad I wanted to chuck my wheelchair at them.
    But I realise that if I did that they would have taken it as
    some sort of 'NEW TECHNOLOGY' that aids in helping
    their customers to enjoy a better life and they would in some
    way or other find a way of stopping everyone in Ireland from
    using a wheelchair. I just feel sick at what's happened and
    I just don't know how to put it into words that are allowed
    on these bards. Suffice to say - Eircom you are Unique in
    what you do and get away with.... for Now!

Manic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Had a call today from our beloved Eircom as a new customer (line installed lately in shop)They were just ringing to find out how things were going was the line alright ect ect.
    Now i feel a little guilty towards the poor woman who was only doing her job by calling us but i really couldnt help myself i laid into her (no swearing BTW) about the service i explained due to their redicules pricing im forced to work at off peek hours ie at home when i should be spending time with my wife and daughter.
    I try keep track of new products new drivers for said products ect ect and i cant afford this during the day when i am actualy at work.
    I also pointed out that this had lead to me to get a hotmail account due to the fact i could never get on their isp between 6pm and 1am thus making sending emails through my eircom account a pain in the arse.
    I politely explained that while they enjoy a monoply some of us are in a competertive market and the fact i cant snatch the odd quite moment at work to update our website (totaly out of date BTW)is damaging my busines.
    When id finished my rant i finaly told her to pass on to her bosses (never happen)that as soon as the opertunity arrises they will be lossing one very disatisfied customer.

Stone

PS As a passing remark i mentioned that all our UK supliers now send updateds to my hotmail account which i access with Ocean as i explaind to them that Eircom were unreliable so now their fame is spreading to the UK.

PPS Manic dont let them get to you m8 they just aint worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

from all my dealings with Eircom/Vodafone, ive found the services are and have been way below standard for quite sometime. but this takes the biscuit, its jus ..jus plain silly :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Manic,

Don't take it personally. I've met loads of EircomNet and Eircom Account Managers, Regional Managers, Corporate Account Executives and they really don't understand why people hate them.

On the other hand, when I pointed out that their customer service is ****, they told me that everyone has a problem retaining good staff in these positions and that Esat were **** too.

Best of the lot, they told me that Worldcom only win business because the regulator won't let Eircom reduce their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Ruu
    from all my dealings with Eircom/Vodafone, ive found the services are and have been way below standard for quite sometime. but this takes the biscuit, its jus ..jus plain silly :mad:

I don't know if you're just saying Vodafone are crap as well, but please in case you think so......Vodafone have nothing to do with eircom!!. It actually does get quite irritating when people ring you up and ask you to sort out their mobile and landlines all in one go, and start moaning about eircom to you, when there's nothing you can do, because, no, we aren't part of eircom, and yes I hate them too.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

How much extra is it for the line rental on isdn?

• Advertisement

What price can you put on your soul !!!!!.Dramatic maybe be but i found it very hard to pay the price both monetarily and especially ideology wise.In answer to your question im not sure now but a couple of months ago it was £35 for ISDN and £15 for anolog though this doesnt sound to bad on paper the difference is quite terrible when calls and vat are added.

Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

sort out ur mobile and landlines at once? ive never heard of that and i certainly dont try it, besides theres several numbers for each service.. I got mixed up, thinking of something different..Vodafone own Eircell

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

We were bombarded last year with calls and visits from Eircom as we are with esat. So I reported them to the ODTR who seem to have stopped them on the grounds of harrassment. Then the second week in January it all started again. So I went back to ODTR and again they stopped it. But one of the eircom callers overheard me say to my mother (who took the call) something like not them again, I reported them to the regulator for this. He was very abusive to my mother and banged the phone down. I stress he overheard the remark, it wasnt siad to him. We need a second line badly but I will be shot before I pay them for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Stonemason

I also pointed out that this had lead to me to get a hotmail account due to the fact i could never get on their isp between 6pm and 1am thus making sending emails through my eircom account a pain in the arse.

sorry i saw you say this before and i ment to say something, are you aware that you can change the outgoing mail server so you can still send mails through you eircom account while dialed up to someone else, like esat.

i do it all the time.

You did indeed i tried changing the settings but to no avail(probably doing it wrong :D) i gave up in the end and got a different account all together besides its getting to the stage now i dont want to even see the name eircom on my computer hehehe ive even changed my dialup short-cut to "****" lest i forget who we are dealing with.:D

Stone:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement