Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamps?? & Social Welfare

• 07-03-2002 10:28am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

got the dreaded news yesterday, now on a 3 day week, fck anyway!

Don't know what I will do, they reckon it will recover in April, May

Anyone know where I stand as far as stamp and social welfare, never been in this situation before.

Thanks for help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i know nothing about welfare, but hte missus got caught out last year at the dentist for not having something like 9 weeks stamps missing as she was working part time at the time.
    although i think they have stopped that now and if you work part time its counted as paying your prsi, as long as you have been paying prsi you should be fine.

but feel free anyone who knows better as ive never dealt with this stuff personally.
    man utd fans shouldnt get either by the way, but thats just a personal opinion after last night ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Langer!! Thanks for that anyway!

Any good jobs going in the UK!!:p

theres always jobs where ever you look, if you look hard enough.
    what do you do?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

programmer, vb, asp, clarify (crm)

ohhh1 a developer type person,

i feel so dirty now....

• Advertisement

****e,

any good uk job sites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

yop your in Galway aren't you?

try http://www.dmtintl.com

and tell them Kealan sent you.

Kayos

Bond, James Bond!!

kayos, cheers a mhac, will have a look

there are job sites in the list yer favourite jobsite in the sticky thread on this forum.....

thanks a mhac, spotted them

kayos, ye are not really looking for experienced people??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by yop
    thanks a mhac, spotted them

kayos, ye are not really looking for experienced people??

Na they are always looking for ppls. And if you think that a Systems Architect or a Techinal Team Leader are not experienced positions where were you working I think I will start in there as the MD :).

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by yop
    got the dreaded news yesterday, now on a 3 day week, fck anyway! .... Anyone know where I stand as far as stamp and social welfare, never been in this situation before.

Go into Social Welfare. Explain your situation. If, with the 3 day week you are getting less than the dole (about €110 I think), you may be entitled to something.

If you will still come out with more than the dole, you may be allowed something (even if it only means protecting your PRSI).

Advertisement