Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer courses...

• 28-02-2001 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Well it's coming up to the summer and after three years in college I still have no certification of any kind (changed course, after first first year, now on diploma course). So I was wondering if anyone knows of any certification courses available, also it has to be a summer course, that is to say starts and ends in the summer. But I was thinking along the lines of the A+ or a windows NT course, or maybe something completely new like unix or something, but generally anything goes, programming would also be nice. If ye have any links all the better.

Also has to be in dublin.

ta.

[This message has been edited by Baz_ (edited 28-02-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

check out www.iact.ie, they do a bunch of courses all year long but it's preety expensive on the other hand.

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

You weren't joking about the dearness were you??

ta anyway,but I don't got that much bread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

hahahah i just went there and looked at webmaster course 2 the content looked alright then i went to look for the price, 2grand rofl so i checked course 1 (just to see how much that was) 1500 hahahha that teachs u how to use dreamweaver and some js then i looked at web design course (dreamweaver) it seems to pass as web design somehow but anyway that would cost 700 now maybe if u got dw4 ultra dev with it maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bertshere

Seems to be, certification is only good as long as people recognise it. Like all market changes to suit moods, you are likely to be out of fashion soon after. I served an apprenticeship in electrical/electronic engineering 20year ago and it means nowt today.... But I still smile. Get what you can , while you can!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Their intro is good smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Buy some books man, and then you can order the tests in your local area via www.2test.com I think, or goto CompTIA and they will put you in the right direction, I have done A+ like that and going to do Network+ that was as well.

Also there are alot of sites worth checking for info, places like www.sysinternals.com.

There are plenty out there that will be of help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

well ta leverz thats real helpful and a part of my problem, I do have a lot of knowledge but no certification whatsoever, and that's what I want, so I'll be taking a look at them there websites to see

ta

PS OJ yes indeed their intro is pretty sw@nky

<EDIT>
    this post was edited because the w@nk in sw@nky was blocked out first time, grrr
    </EDIT>

[This message has been edited by Baz_ (edited 01-03-2001).]

Advertisement