Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE question?

• 28-02-2001 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

1. Does IE support command line options? if so where is the FM so I can read it.

2. Does IE support autoresume on download? if not anyone recommend a good proggy? (Except Go!Zilla)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I use GetRight
    it has resume download and I think its is quite good
    be warned though
    if you are going to crac it, it has most of the cracked serials already on i, they are not fools and if you try cracking it with a cracked key it will stop the program from working again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

2. no, getright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually I checked up on getright a bit more.

It is supposedly unstable, it also uses SpyWare (which is why I don't want Go!Zilla).

For those of you who don't know, spyware is a trojan built into the program that monitors your browsing habits and sends information back to an advertising company so they can spam you. If your using it on a modem, you'll also find it causes slowdowns.

Unlike Go!Zilla and some other FTP program (I forget it's name) they don't tell you they are using the Aurate Spy software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i use download accelerator plus (DAP), it doesn't really accelerate downloads but it is easy to use n its freeware!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'm a getright user (I actually paid for it, it's so good) and I also use a ZoneAlarm to police exactly what apps can and cannot connect to the internet. You'd be amazed at the ammount of apps that want to talk to the outside world. Getright is one of my better behaved apps.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

From what I understand, Getright won't have the trojan when you run it. It patches itself in your browser and attempts to send information via that.

If your amazed at the amount of Apps that are trying to connect, prehaps you should go about cleaning some of those apps, because I'm guessing a lot of them shouldn't be trying to.

Just thinking that your software firewall will save you is bad thinking (I learned this the hard way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

FlashGet is also quite good, and completely freeware as far as I know. It opens multiple connections at once for each file - and that actually works out somewhat faster than a regular download - getting different chunks of it piece by piece at the same time .. if that makes any sense. I use it @ home and it's dead handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Decay

Try out Ad-aware at www.lavasoft.de. Download the freeware version.

This is the replacement for opt-out from www.grc.com (Good site worth checking)

It looks through all your apps for programs that use spyware and try to connect to an Ad server. Real player is a ***** for this.

The best combination IMHO is Blackice defender with ZoneAlarm and this Ad-Aware app. since using this combo I have no probs.

JWT

Advertisement