Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saw the revs

Options
  • 07-03-2002 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

saw the revs in the ambassador on tues;

the finest pop-rock band of our generation.

they all know how to handle their instuments.

a rare thing to see in many new bands.song's weren't to my taste; but jsut seeing some lads with talent and energy was a breath of fresh air.

i'm not joking; the bassist was as good as me!!!
    tho i havent played in a while; so maybe he's possibly even beta thatn i am.

now if tey just lost that pop style;i would love em.

don't bad mouth them till you've actually seen them play - with an open mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I've seen them live once, and yes, their hard work/enthusiasm/whatever does impress me, and fair f*cks to them, but I don't like their music, nor do I like the fact that when I seen them live, they played for an hour, and only actually played 5 of their own songs, and apparently it was the same in the Ambassador Tuesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭pixe

I think the revs are talended at what they do,
    it just annoying when people call them "orginall" or Rock for that matter. They're an excellent pop band, but thats all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

exactly.

but i think that the session musicians in pop are miles better than most rock bands are.
    you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

but they consider themselves an alternative rock band, not a pop band. they're representing the alternative youth apparently. go to revs.com and read all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

WE are the alternative..................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭manofspeed

anyways, they smile ALL THE TIME when they play. What is that all about? HOW CAN YOU SMILE WHEN YOU PLAY? It stinks of boybandism.

maybe they smile cos they enjoy what they do;

i know if i got to jive in front of a n audience i'd be very bloody happy.

i wouldn't smile though; you wouldn't see my face for the sweat;and you'd be looking at what i'd do;not my expression.
    ALTERNATIVE?!?!
    i went backstage-sneaking?no i just walked through!!

i think that i said to them that they were "a great pop-band in the original sense of the word; not the new sense"(the new sense being blatantly commercial)

i probably would go and see them again;just for the bass work!
    i d stay sober to make sure that i t was for real also;there was free drink; so maybe that helped....
    no they're bassist jived.*the ultimate blessing*

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

The Revs the're a Louis Walsh band aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

you'd think wouldn't you?
    its amazing how the revs polarise opinion isn't it? they go on live line and telly and get themselves as much press as possible but hopefully (for them) this won't cause a backlash... or has it already?
    in fairness didn't the singer audition for popstars? they are pop: fluffy light disposable guitar based pop. and fair play to them if they suceed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Listen to this, on friday i was listening to the Joe Duffy show on radio1 - this was a freak event outside of my control.
    Anyway, who should come on but Rory from The Revs.
    You may not know this but the Revs won BEST NEW-COMMERS in the Meteor Irish music awards So well done the Lads.
    Anyway rory came on to complain about the Fact That even though the revs had been nominated for an award they were not given tickets!!!!!!!!
    they had to shell out €250 each themselves!!!!! not only this, they wernt asked to play at the show and when the show went out on tv the other day - they werent even shown getting the award!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the biggest disgrace ever.

They were the only real band at the show besides U2 and they didnt get Tickets.

its just more big guy spitting on the little guy again.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ONE LOVE

feRdi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

I agree. It's a sad state of affairs when the likes of Six where asked to perform.

But i'm affaid that the Revs are turning in to a bunch of moaners. They moan about everything that doesn't go their way. Rory was also on Tom Dunne complaining that Six where nominated for best new-comer after only one single. Of course he has a point but could he not have let it go. I feel that they only complain to get the publisity and that a sad state of affairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i agree that it was very very mean of whoever was in charge not to give them tickets, not on, considering they were nominated and all. but complaining about not being asked to perform? i would've presumed that a big money event like that would rather have a band like six play (who can guarantee big ratings) rather than some (relatively) unknown band like the revs.

there's nothing wrong with self publicity

look at the manics, etc

but the revs are MOANY self publicists. which is annoying as hell. quite like the 'alone with you ' song thought...

well you can't help being annoyed at how they were spat upon;
    if what you said is correct about themand the awards fiasco

yeah, that sonds like very harsh treatment, and i don't agree with it and hope it doesn't happen to us, but it gets annoying when you keep hearing about it.

as i said though, i don't hate them, but they're gettin' hit with a backlash now and how they get through this will make them or break them i think....

kirn
    if you don't mind me asking ;whats your band?

also i think that they could go on and break through into the charts; all they need is a bit more GENUINE publicity; not just the self-made stuff.

Advertisement