Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Which Is It?

Options
  • 07-03-2002 3:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Neither of these really apply to Ireland directly, I just want to demonstrate the odd disparity in reporting that seems to get worse and worse.

On the one hand, we have Neilsen NetRatings telling us that Broadband in the US has hit the big time:

Half US Net access is via broadband

And on the other hand, we have advisors to the U.S. Government saying that it needs a push to hit the big time:

Bush Tech Advisors Will Tackle Broadband Demand

Am I the only one that this stuff annoys?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Yes

;)

Im sure everyone is annoyed, but politicians are the same everywhere.... lets find a problem then pretend to fix it.... even better lets invent/create a problem then blame it on someone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

no. I find it ironic and funny.

Why are eircom so slow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

On the one hand, we have Neilsen NetRatings telling us that Broadband in the US has hit the big time:

Half US Net access is via broadband

And on the other hand, we have advisors to the U.S. Government saying that it needs a push to hit the big time:

Bush Tech Advisors Will Tackle Broadband Demand

I don't think these are mutually exclusive.

The first says that half of all Net connections are broadband. That includes both home and business use. The same article says that one in five home connections are broadband.

The second article says Bush wants to increase the proportion of home users using broadband, presumably from the 20% mentioned above.

Advertisement