Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you bought from Aria before?

• 07-03-2002 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

I was checking out the combo packages on the following site, and they seem pretty cheap.

Aria
    I was wondering if anyone has used them, and what was your experience? Would you reccomend them?

Here is an example of what i was thinking about buying.
    BUN-1333-810-25
    ARIA VALUE COMBO 7- A 1333/810/256
    EXC£ 165.00
    INC£ 193.88
    Information
    CPU:
    AMD Athlon 1333MHz (266MHz FSB)

Motherboard:
    PC Chips 810
    On board 10/100LAN, Integrated 128bit VGA Accelerator, AC97 Sound, V90 Modem
    2 DIMM Slots
    2 PCI Slots
    1 AGP Slot
    MicroATX Format

Memory:
    256Mb PC133 SDRAM

Heatsink and Fan
    GlobalWin FOP32-1

Too good to be true?

X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

The price is quite good, but it looks like an effort to get rid of outdated stock (that 1.333 Athlon's probably a Thunderbird rather than an XP (1500+, I think, is the right number?)), and the FOP32-1, well, that's positively prehistoric by HSF standards)

Also bear in mind that only the newest revision of that PC Chips mobo supports Athlon XPs, so you may be hampering your upgrade potential by choosing this package, if that sort of thing bothers you.

Gadget

Advertisement