Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd player

• 02-03-2001 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

i'd have to say no...

could you give more info?

drive make/model
    video card/decoder card
    player used etc...

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

uninstall dvd player in device manager.
    uninstall ide controller
    reboot
    if you are running win98 anyway.
    see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

By anychance azezil are u putting a CDR or CDRW into that DVD drive, cause most DVD Drives have problems with CDRs or CDRW's.

Gandalf

(btw isn't azezil the name of the demon from Fallen ?)

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 02-03-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

when i put a cd into my dvd drive on my comp it sometimes loads for ages n does nothing, other times it'll start runing n then i get the dreaded 'blue screen!'.

it usually happens if i try to run sumtin just after boot up, if i leave it runin for a while then try to load a cd it works fine.

is this normal??? confused.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by gandalf:
    By anychance azezil are u putting a CDR or CDRW into that DVD drive, cause most DVD Drives have problems with CDRs or CDRW's.

Gandalf

(btw isn't azezil the name of the demon from Fallen ?)

no i'm not putin cdrw's in my dvd player, n yes it is the name of the demon! well done the medels in the post! lol wink.gif

i don't know the make of the player off hand (not at home much) i'll check it tonite, but i use intel i810e graphics card, n all i can remember about the drive is that its a 6speed dvd!

Advertisement