Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop Replacement Laptops

• 07-03-2002 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi all ,

Am currently in dublin doing some contract work and am looking at buying one of those desktop replacement laptops that are starting to appear on the market.

Wondering if anyone has had positive/negative experiences with these laptops particularly for the Dell Inspiron 8100/8200, toshiba or IBM's with ATI Mobility 7500 or Geforce 2/4 go cards.

I am looking to get back into the 3d gibbing scene asap.
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

I've had an Inspiron 8100 with the GF2Go for the past 3 months. No problems to report. The GF2 is beginning to slow down a bit on modern games like MOHAA though -- you might want to look at the ATI card if you want a gaming machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've an Inspiron 8100 too. I use it for gaming, watching dvds and even working occasionally.
    For games I find it brilliant. The last game I played through on it was Op Flashpoint, great performance at 1024*768.
    I've never seen a problem gaming with it.

It's the business for work too, I use it for java/c programming in
    windows and linux.

I really can't see myself buying a desktop again - the laptop is so much handier.

Advertisement