Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I lost information on Outlook Express

• 07-03-2002 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I had a problem today with a package crashing. I was not allowed to uninstall it. I rang Dell – We had to reinstall Windows 98.

But in the process – I lost all my emails on Outlook Express. Most of my hard disk stuff is fine. Is there anyway I can recover stuff from Outlook Express?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

Very easy...

Your emails are located in c:\windows\application data\ {CSID Sting} \Microsoft\Outlook Express
    or close enough to that depending on ver of OE and the way windows was installed
    CSID is a long list of numbers etc you will more than likely have 2 or more just find the one with the biggest outlook express directory

or close enough to that depending on ver of OE and the way windows was installed

you can import the mail by
    File>Import>Messages>Outlook Express <ver> > next
    make sure you click on import from a store directory and then browse to the directory of your old mail and click next
    follow the onscreen instructions and voila .. watch your old mail "pour" in :)

Layter :)

halfab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

its probably too late at this stage.. but have a look in c:\windows\application data\identities .. check all the directorys there for .dbx files, if you find the one your looking for (should be about the 5mb mark for normal use..), then just use the import option in outlook express.

ahh beaten to it by mere seconds :)

beat ya :) by seconds only i'd say

he hee

owww closer and closer .. shall we try again :)

• Advertisement

no :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

It Worked - A sincere thanks for your help

Advertisement