Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever think of having a life overhaul?

• 07-03-2002 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

I have changed a lot of things in my life this past couple of months. I have given up the gargle, joined a good gym, eat healthy foods, have gone back to my childhood love of kickboxing (for fitness) and it is making me feel fantastic!!
    I have done this coz I'm THIRTY in a few months!!!ahhhhhh!!

Have you ever done Or wish to do something like this?
    And if so, what are you gonna do?

Question open to everybody that does NOT know me.
    (hint hint)

p.s. my bloody profile is broken...**** crap ****!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

That's pretty much exactly what I'm doing at the moment. I gave up the fags about 2 months ago, pretty much stopped drinking except for the odd pint or glass of wine at the weekend. Going to the gym and swimming every day, eating less crap, up to 400 sit-ups and 200 press-ups every night.
    I feel pretty good, I've lost almost 2 stone! And I wanna learn to surf too.

Happened one day, I did a Costanza and decided everything I was doing was wrong so I'd try doing the exact opposite :D

Only thing is all my pants are way too big for me now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

moved country, gave up smokes, got into my work, met new people, went training, changed my entire wardrobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

AUSTRALIA....AUSTRALIA....AUSTRALIA!!!!!

7 MONTHS TO GO AND IM OUTTA THIS KIP......:D

then life will be good!!!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ah yeah, when i started college.

for much of primary and secondary school i was really quite, in fact the only time i spoke was to insult someone! in a humorous way ;)

Went to college went mad, possibly cause i started drinking alot more? so anyway 3 years later n i'm still the topic of conversation around the college :rolleyes: i suppose it is thurles, small town n all that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ever think of having a life overhaul?
    Yes.... constantly.
    I admire people who have the courage to break out of old habbits and change their lifestyle for the better.
    My problem is, I'm waiting for the 'right moment' that never seems to come... added to my complete indifference towards the universe... ah one of these days :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daftbegger

Originally posted by peachypants
    AUSTRALIA....AUSTRALIA....AUSTRALIA!!!!!

7 MONTHS TO GO AND IM OUTTA THIS KIP......:D

then life will be good!!!! :cool:

This country aint a kip, it is only what you make it yourself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'm waiting for my mid-life crisis before I make any drastic changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

yeah, to be honest I think its the new year thing. I used to think that giving up stuff as a new years resolution was a load of monkey sack basically because ppl always give stuff up for a week just for the sake of it and then go back...

BUT this year about two weeks after news years I gave up the smokes (one of the hardest things I have ever had to do) and am now going to start swimming and getting fit again.....I'm even comtemplating taking up Thai Boxing (hardcore stuff) , altho mainly because it seems to be the most easily accessable martial art in Cairk.

Actually if anyone knows of any good martial art clubs (preferance Kung Fu) in Cork pls post em down here. Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Originally posted by daftbegger

This country aint a kip, it is only what you make it yourself!!

i was referring to the town i live in.....smart arse :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

This year I will be mostly eating Burbon Biscuits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Originally posted by daftbegger
    I have changed a lot of things in my life this past couple of months. I have given up the gargle, joined a good gym, eat healthy foods, have gone back to my childhood love of kickboxing (for fitness) and it is making me feel fantastic!!
    I have done this coz I'm THIRTY in a few months!!!ahhhhhh!!
    Hmmm, that could almost describe me (I won't claim to have rediscovered kickboxing).

My twenties have definitely been complicated and often stressful. Lately, I have been stripping away layers of that complexity. I started with moving back to Ireland (not a bad oul' spot).

One of my resolutions is to spend an absolute minimum amount of time thinking about money. That means, for example, no involvement with shares. No tracker funds, no company options (if I can avoid it). I have a plain vanilla SSIA. I won't get rich but I don't care - I feel less stressed as a result.

Keeping it simple is the overall motto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Gave up amphetimines seven months ago,it was much harder to kick than ecstacy.
    I would hope the difference is apparent in my posting quality.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

I'm here for a good time not a long time.:cool:

If I ever change it will probably be for the "worst"/funnest.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Yup.

Sorted out my studying for my exams, took up running and proper exercise, changed my attitude from waiting for good stuff to happen to making good stuff happen and generally relaxing down a bit. :) It's great! :)

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

While i agree with the occasional "life overhall" if you find yourself doing it rather frequently you'd have to look at yourself and ask the question, why?

IMO changing your lifestyle on a semi-regular basis may be a sign of low self esteem or it may be that you're not happy with your living conditions... by that i mean your surroundings, friends, family, social or living environment.

I know thats why i change anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i changed by drinking a lot more, took up smoking (really, really stupid), got really unfit (to the point of walking any distance makes my out of breath) and several other things.

ill probably stay like this ytill im finished college. than cop the **** on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

ill probably stay like this ytill im finished college. than cop the **** on.
    When you sweat when you eat....that's when you know, hehe :)
    Actually if anyone knows of any good martial art clubs (preferance Kung Fu) in Cork pls post em down here. Ta.

I'm pretty sure there's at least one kung fu club in Cork. Apparently there's one guy who lives like a shaolin monk, he'll attack you in the street if he sees you to check if you're "aware" enough :D.

There are a few good TKD clubs too.

Ask in the some of the sports shops in town, since they supply all the gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by Enygma

When you sweat when you eat....that's when you know, hehe :)

thing is im a small skinny scrawny type guy and am so not fit it's just not natural. im comfortable with the way i am now, i dont dont know how long ill be 'comfortable'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

I do that quite regularly... I left France to live in Ireland 4 years ago... That was a big change... I took on the Irish way of life (Work pub, pub, work). 3 stone gained later I dumped the boyfriend, the job and the stones (no, not the pub, I keep the pub, YOU leave my pub alone ok?...), to find new ones...
    I feel much better now, somehow...
    I think it's good to change from times to times, adds perspective to a life that's merely habits otherwise. Just need to get rid of these f*** habits, they are no good. I know I'm losing myself when I get too much into routine, so I try to change things as often as I can...

Advertisement