Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Quake do this?

Options
  • 07-03-2002 11:49pm
    Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am in the design stage of my next house and was wondering if this sort of stuff would be possibe...

What I want is a dark games room, large circular table etc. but the part I am curious about is this;
    Could an event in the game, Quake 1, (ie. a guy getting the quad) trigger the switching on of ultra-violet floor/spot lights around that person... a nice atmospheric glow.
    If something like that was possible, then I presume you could also rig the chairs up with a few volts linked to a particular pain sound.... hmmm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Yes ... but you'd have to do a lot ... firstly getting the quakesource code and coding in out put for guy picking up quad. then you have to rig up the output and the lights ( and chairs for the shocks?? ).

but it's more work that it's worth and would take a helva lot of work at that ... the coding alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

****in hell that would own soo much! If theres ever a dummies guide to book about doing things like that somebody tell me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Kev

if your not joking, that would be pretty cool.

you could read the log file output, which would be pretty easy, a couple of lines of perl or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

Thats been one of my ambitions for quite some time now...Imagine having an 8 pc network,lucozade and smoke machine,couches,dsl etc...Who on this thread would actually ever leave their house :P ??!?

afterthough:What if you had 'all your base' playing constantly in the background as well :) ?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭papashiv0

Bit of a quality idea you’ve got there. Good luck with it.

ps it would be way funnier if instead of getting fragged you got kicked with a massive boot.Such a booting would add an element of indurance to the game and put it on par with other such sports' of Kings as Slaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

lol .or someone is camping near the quad. and a red light camper sign goes off with alarm saying "CAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPIINNNNGGGG HOOOEE!!!!!"

if ya get it working sead some pics in or mpg .gl

Advertisement