Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

file sharing

• 08-03-2002 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

what program does everyone use? im using kazaa lately but it slows my machine down a lot

bomb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Kazaa is good, I dunno why it would slow down your machine a lot, its not very cpu intensive. Audiogalaxy used to be good for just music, but now they are blocking an awful lot of songs, I find mispelling the search works though, because theres always some retard who has mispelled the song when they are encoding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

It seems to slow down when i downloaded over 4 things, cause i have a real fast connection (512k) i download stuff constantly and i find now i can only download at night when im not using the machine, but saying that im downloading a big file now (200Mb) and the machines grand, so maybe ill just limit it to 1 or 2 files at a time.

bomb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Hmm, if i were you i'd delete Kazaa of your machine and use Morpheus. It works exactly the same way but Kazaa has a tendency to put a heap of Spyware on your machine. You can download Morpheus at www.musiccity.com or www.download.com

You should get a program called Ad-Aware also, you can get it from www.download.com it will clean up the spyware from your PC.

MB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Morpheus truly sucks now. its just a gnutella client now and there is practically no stuff on it, there is no advanced searches and its almost impossible to connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i was using morph up untill a few days ago when they put out the new version and i cant make head nor tail of it, and it wont connect at all.
    so im stuck using Kazaa

bomb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 paris

I use Limewire. As far as I know there's no built in 'foistware' when you download it and it's pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

at the moment for mp3 i use www.mp3search.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

http://www.zeropaid.com/
    has reviews and user comments on the file sharing progs out there including an add free KaZaA
    hope this helps
    :D

Advertisement