Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ps2 Dvd

• 08-03-2002 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Does anyone out there use their PS2 to watch DVDs, im having a problem with mine, every now and again the Picture and the sound with fall out of sync, it doesnt happen all the time and when it does its not a huge gap just enough to notice, any one got any ideas??

bomB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

get a proper dvd playa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I heard rumours that if you buy the official remote control, you also get a BIOS update, which might improve the situation. Can anyone else confirm this?

But as Rasta said, to avoid synchronisation problems, use a dedicated DVD player.. The PS2 is only a pretender in the DVD world..

You might have more luck with this thread in the Technology Audio / Visual board (or the games board)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

If you by the official ps2 infra red remote, it comes with a cd which will update the player on your ps2. (about €30)
    (You also need a memory card)
    This will resolve your issue.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

just on the ps2 remote bit..
    does the ps2 already have an ir receiver? or does it come with the rc and plug into it? just want to use my multi-remote instead of the controller, and dont like the looks of that ps2 remote either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

afaik, the way ps2 remotes work is that they come with a dongle that plugs into one of the joypad ports. this thing has an IR sensor on it, and a port to pass a joypad through it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I went out and got the Remote, dunno if it fixed anything yet though, but the DVD software takes up 2.5 megs on the mem card!

BomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

It should have sorted the problem because it is true you get an 'update' (a patch more than an update really), when you buy the remote for the PS2.
    But to be honest with you, you should get a proper DVD player, the quality on the PS2 is just OK, and even... A DVD player is much better. I agree the PS2 is handy because it does both, but...

And don't even think of replacing it with an Xbox, the DVD player on it seems to be even worse than the one on the PS2.

I could confirm that, it's only things I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

s'up y'all ;-)

this came up before in a thread I posted to. I got the original ps2 when it first came out and the dvd playback was awful, I got the out of synch you talked about and it also would hang sometimes when switching layers (although a few players do this). My mate had the same problem and we both returned our ps2's.

Since then my ps2 has been working perfectly for dvd playback, and I have two other standalone dvd players and I can say it plays dvd's as well as both of them. Obviously though the ps2 is very noisy which is a main drawback.

I know the s/w with the dvd remote is meant to improve the playback etc but I chipped my ps2 and now the dvd is multi region and with no macrovision I dont wanna risk trying to update the dvd software

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Don't try, Sony have done their best to protect their product and you will most likely run into trouble. There was all sort of 'internal memos' regardig security and all.
    Just in case they were not making enough money...

Advertisement