Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godspeed

Options
  • 08-03-2002 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Godspeed You Black Emperor are playing soon in the Ambassador Dublin. I've somehow managed to avoid all gig there. How is it? Will the sound quality do justice to them or is it as ropey as the Olympia.

Just wondering?
    I'm going either way.
    They're last gig in TBMS was pretty amazing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

in my opinion, the ambassador is an awful awful venue. the place looks like it hasn't been redecorated since sometime in the late 60s (although, to be honest, it probably hasn't), and the toilets were in a state. the sound is alright, although the sound in the olympia is much much better (which isn't saying much, granted). i saw sparklehorse in the ambassador a while ago. it's probably not as bad as i'm making out. but whatever about the venue, i got my ticket for godspeed on monday. nothing will stop me from missing them (this time: i missed the TBMC gig bcos i was told it was sold out - but they were apparently selling tickets on the door)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

ambassador ain't too bad really, saw spiritualized and nitin sawhney there, was standing for spiritualized and sitting for nitin sawhney, sound was pretty good at both gigs, although apparantly for a lot of the gigs there just after it reopened were ropey soundwise.
    wasn't overly impressed with godspeed at tbmc, sigur ros were much better that night.

Advertisement