Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl

Options
  • 08-03-2002 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Allo,

Yep, i know there has been loads posted on Ntl before but.....just called them now and they mentioned that the cable internet is available in d.24, d.6 and d.12. Now, i know we had people from d.24 and d.6 but is there anyone in d.12 using it?
    The guy also mentioned that they will be rolling it out within the year but he is prolly talking through his arse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

And also parts of D22 (Clondalkin) too. Again, they cant seem to tell you which parts are upgraded only that you dont live in an upgraded area!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Originally posted by mbroaders

The guy also mentioned that they will be rolling it out within the year but he is prolly talking through his arse.

Not taking to piss out of you mbroaders but, how does it go again.....

'If I had a pound for every time.....'

Me thinks - Drones regurgating muck from the NTL 1998 drone handbook

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

me: d12

but within feet of d6w

in fact the neighbours call the road d6 (so don't tell anyone I said limekiln road is d12)

B

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I mailed a contact in NTL recently who is higher up than the phone muppets.

This is an extract from the reply:
    ....let me clarify that our cable modem products are available in a number of areas within West Dublin. Unforunately, your address is not on this list. Although, if I may be so bold as to anticipate your next quetion, which might run along the lines of when will it be available?. Again I will be frank with you, we are
    presently test marketing the product in West Dublin, once we this is complete, we will study our findings and will be in a better position to indicate the broadband roadmap.

MY area is D16 and there were rumours doing the rounds about it being available there around a month ago.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

d6????
    i live in rathmines, are you telling me i can get cable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

D 6 was never confirmed.

I live in D6 and it has never been available. It may be available in parts of D6W (Terenure).

Advertisement