Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems getting into some websites -

• 08-03-2002 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I had a problem yesterday with a package crashing. I was not allowed to uninstall it. I rang Dell – We had to reinstall Windows 98.

I lost my ISP connection - so I had to reinstall that as well this morning.

Everything is working fine - but while I can surf the net - I can't get into a couple of websites such as:

www.clarehurlers.com
    www.eircom.net

I installed another ISP and the result is the same.

I can get into all other sites - it is all pretty wierd. Has anybody any ideas?

I

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

what ISP are you on now? it could simply be a temporary routing problem at their end..

check to see if you can ping the sites IPs..
    eircom.net = 159.134.237.56
    clarehurlers = 159.134.244.189

open up c:\windows\hosts.sam in notepad... check theres no mention of them in there.

or simply wait for more posts.. my heads sore at the mo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I tried Eircom.net, UTV & iol.ie

It may be a problem with some server

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Has a proxy server been enabled by one of those ISP cds?
    Can you ping the sites via IP or url?
    The sites are working, try putting the IPs that Kali posted into IE and see if they load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I solved it:
    I rang UTV Internet – they were not much help. They have better Customer Service than many ISPs & not at 58p per minute.So I reinstalled explorer again. It worked. I think that when I re installed Windows 98 after my virus package crashing – it must have upset some of the settings. Thanks for all your help on this topic.

Advertisement